Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm coughing up chunky green, yellow and brown gunk from my lungs and every time I cough, my throat hurts so bad! I don't have time for this! Just let me finish my final paper and I'll go to the doc. Body, cooperate!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (11-19):
Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on May. 3, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

You should be able to pick it up at Whole Foods for relatively cheap as well.  Holy Basil and Neem tincture work well too. Feel better!

Quoting epoh:

Mullein tincture helps with chest infections. You can order it from amazon. It won't help you today but keep some on hand for the future. Any time I feel a cold moving into my chest I take it to prevent bronchitis.

Feel better soon, love.

alwayskk
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I can go there today. I need lemons and thyme any way. How do I use the tinctures?

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

You should be able to pick it up at Whole Foods for relatively cheap as well.  Holy Basil and Neem tincture work well too. Feel better!

Quoting epoh:

Mullein tincture helps with chest infections. You can order it from amazon. It won't help you today but keep some on hand for the future. Any time I feel a cold moving into my chest I take it to prevent bronchitis.

Feel better soon, love.

Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on May. 3, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

They will come in a one ounce dropper bottle and you usually just drop 10-20 drops on your tongue.  They do contain alcohol so most of them do not taste great, but they work pretty quickly. 

Quoting alwayskk:

I can go there today. I need lemons and thyme any way. How do I use the tinctures?

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Quoting epoh:

Feel better soon, love.

edelweiss23
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I am having the same problem. Mine is being caused by allergies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Lol!

Ew...gross is right! Hope you're feeling well soon.

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting atyou:

That is fucking disgusting.

I actually spared you guys the grossest details. Like the fact that I wake up choking on it and end up vomiting because I can't get it out of my lungs fast enough.

Now THAT is fucking gross!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amomynous_j
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM

=( feel better!

T-Rentsmommy06
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM

That sucks. Hope you feel better soon and finish that paper no problem!

BrittBurke
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Ouch Feel Bettter

cjsix
by faith on May. 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I'm sorry you are not feeling good.You may have bronchitis,kk. (I've had it many times and what you are describing sounds like it)Try lemon juice,honey and hot water(lemon-vitamin c,honey-natural antibacteria),a spoonful of honey will sooth your throat. Hot coffee or tea or the lemon and honey will help wash it down if in the throat and the coffee helps with respritory (asthma etc...) because of the caffeine,heat and natural amount of theophylline which is used for asthma,etc...Oh and add 2000mg of a good vitamin c...

huggingHugs kk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)