Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My parents are going to stay at Mackinac Island for their anniversary. I know my dad booked a standard hotel off of the island, but my step-mom's dream is to stay at the Grand Hotel (Somewhere In Time, anyone?).

I wanted to surprise them with a reservation for a night there. I just checked prices on-line for one of the nights they'll be there...the lowest rate was $655.70!!! For ONE NIGHT!

It includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but dear lawd! That's INSANE! Guess my poor mama is gonna have to keep on dreaming. :(

by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Replies (11-17):
lifehappy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I think that's what I'm going to do. Maybe find them a couples massage and a nice dinner at the hotel.

And I love that movie, too. ;)

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I do remember that movie! It's one of my BFF's favorites and she went to that hotel once, years ago. Can they go there for lunch or tea or a spa service?

Tea4Tas
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I checked if they can go off season-in the fall, mid week, that same room is $311.

lifehappy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM

They're going the week after Mother's Day. My dad has a small restaurant and he wants to get away before his busy season starts.

Thank you for checking; that price is MUCH better, lol! Maybe I can convince him to close in the fall and take her up there again; her birthday is in October, so that would be perfect!

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I checked if they can go off season-in the fall, mid week, that same room is $311.

Tea4Tas
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lifehappy:

They're going the week after Mother's Day. My dad has a small restaurant and he wants to get away before his busy season starts.

Thank you for checking; that price is MUCH better, lol! Maybe I can convince him to close in the fall and take her up there again; her birthday is in October, so that would be perfect!

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Book way early-they have a lot of dates crossed off-that was for midweek! Which, for a restaurant owner would be a good thing!  Do a Monday Tuesday.

Mrs.Worthen
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Lol this.

Quoting couponluv72:

HOLY CRAP is the bed spread made of gold? thqat is insane

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-Rentsmommy06
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM

WOW!!! That is outrageous! At least you had good intentions.

i.love.my.kids.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been to the grand hotel on mackinak island, and it is beautiful! Their food is amazing HUGE buffets of amazing food, the interior is really beautiful too, I loved it there, & yes it is outrageously expensive. Maybe you can call to set up dinner or lunch reservations in the dining area?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)