Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My poor DH

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM
  • 1 Replies

We have been having a problem with our house ISP.  DH works from home (as a programmer) and NEEDS the high-speed connection we SHOULD have.  Things have been getting slower and slower...today he can't even log on to Google!  NOT good.  So he is on the phone with costumer-service.  Poor DH...he's a computer-guy...so he KNOWS the problem isn't our router...he's tested it, etc...he's run diagnostics that prove it is outside of the house where the problem is.  But the customer-service guy has a 'recipe book' he must follow and certain steps that he is insisting DH do (that DH did before he called...etc).  Also - you can tell the customre-service guy ONLY knows what is in his script...but he keeps saying "I understand sir" to DH when he clearly has NO CLUE what DH is saying.

DH is VERY polite and going through each step the guy insists they do...even though DH told the guy when he first called th results of steps 1-30.  Now the guy is connecting DH to the actual computer people at the ISP because the recipe-book didn't solve the problem.

I think DH has been on the phone with them for 45 minutes now....at least.  But - he's not getting mad, etc...he just want the problem solved and knows he has to wait for the right person to talk to.

(For the record....my tablet has his own ISP that's how I'm on the net and he isn't.)

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM

ISP issues bite, but dealing with CS to solve it is even worse. Hope they finally acknowledge the problem's on their end somewhere and will fix it soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN