Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If someone told you that they had nothing positive to say about your child, how would you feel, and what would this make you think??

The reason for asking this question, my boyfriend of 6 years told me last night that he has nothing positive to say about my 16 year old son.  It really bothered me and I told him that by saying that he means he dosen't like my son at all. 

How would it make you feel and what would you think?  What should I do?

[[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/923/2943/9232943.png[/img][/url]
  Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Nutrition Facts[/url] For Foods

by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Replies (41-47):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on May. 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM

i guess it would depend on who said it.

MrCruzito
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Quoting nandbsmom:

Quoting MrCruzito:

That would make me feel offended and violent!  It would make me think whoever said it is completly mentally disabled (aka retarded), and deserves my foot up their ass.  Yea, i think your boyfriend may be a jerk. 

My son and him are not close.  After I ask him about why he said it, he said Im just saying I have nothing to say positive about being mechanically inclined.  But I cant get the first statement out of my head.

ehhhh STILL!  I mean so maybe your kid isn't mechanically inclined....he still said that meanly!  He should be positive like, 'Theres room for improvement, but he has potential!"....er...idk...Or, if he had to dis your baby he coulda been more like, "Yes this kid would be great in an office." (or insert whatever else he is good at..)...  You get what im saying.  I retract my jerk statement though sense he really didnt mean it how your op said, no I just think he has foot in mouh disease and needs to work more on his tact. 

Cheribomb
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM

yeah thats what im thinking... sounds like he was saying that your son doesn't think like your husband when it comes to vehicles...thats all..   

Quoting hautemama83:

Does your son take care of his truck?

Are you reading too much into what bf said?

Quoting nandbsmom:

They are not close at all, and we were talking about my son taking care of his truck.

Quoting hautemama83:

Sooo op are you going to explain why he said that, or how the conversation even came up. Or what type of relationship your son and bf have?

hautemama83
by Nichole on May. 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Really I'm thinking based on op's overly vague replies and post. That her son likely doesn't take care of his truck like he should, her and boyfriend were talking about it, and he said he has nothing positive to say about her son meaning how he takes care of his truck. Op read too much into it, got overly sensitive and butt hurt and bam the results this post. LOL

Quoting Cheribomb:

yeah thats what im thinking... sounds like he was saying that your son doesn't think like your husband when it comes to vehicles...thats all..   

Quoting hautemama83:

Does your son take care of his truck?

Are you reading too much into what bf said?

Quoting nandbsmom:

They are not close at all, and we were talking about my son taking care of his truck.

Quoting hautemama83:

Sooo op are you going to explain why he said that, or how the conversation even came up. Or what type of relationship your son and bf have?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Dixie on May. 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I really appreciate his honesty. It hurt at the time but not that much because I was in teenage "I don't give a ____" mode.

They were not married, they just got married in 2010. He has been a great father figure and we do love each other VERY much. I named my son after him actually.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I think it means that your son must have serious teenage attitude issues like most teenagers do.

When my step-dad came into our lives I was almost 13. We HATED each other for a while and then when I started to love him I told him and he told me that he couldn't lie to me and say he loved me when he didn't and he only loved my mom and little brother. It hurt but I didn't deserve his love.

He was very hard on us but he is also the best thing that happened to me in my life of living with my mom. He came in and straightened us out and made us into the people we are now.

I am very sorry that he said that to you when you were a kid. Even if you think it is better now. I don't know if they are married, but they say when you marry someone you don't just marry that person you marry the whole family. When you told him you loved him I can't believe that a grown man would tell you he just loves your mom, and your brother. You did deserve his love.

I am sorry for what I said then. I was just so sad that you had to go through that at a young age. That would have hurt me. I know what you mean though. My sister had a lot to do with the worst thing that happened to me in my life but in the end it turned out to be the best thing that could have happended to me. The same with my mom too. I am happy that you are happy now Good Luck to you

StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM
If it was a friend, the friendship would be over. It was family, they wouldn't be allowed back in my life. It was a boyfriend, spouse, they can get the hell out and not return.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I would need to hear the whole convosation at this point

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN