Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Oh ok.... I'll just let my son sweat all day. No problem!

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 49 Replies
We live in a apartment and our AC isn't working and it is going to be 91 degrees today and my son and I are home all day without a car. We live on the top floor and it gets HOT. I called the office last night and they said they'd be out this morning but no show... I called them again and they said since the fixed it a few weeks ago they probably won't come out today. Wtf? My son woke up sweating! This is BS. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Fans?   Is there a place you can hook up a sprinkler?  A public sprinkler water park?  Hey if all else fails, let him "swim" in the bath tub with cool water, bathing suit and some toys =)  Lots of cold drinks and snacks too!

lilmomma232010
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM

do u have some fans? if so turn them on

if u have a box fan, open a window and put it in the window and turn it on

and i would call and bug them all day till they fixed it, or tell them that u will call someone to come fix it and they will have to pay for it

happinessforyou
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Call a news channel- maybe a call from them will get your management company to do something for you. :)

lilmomma232010
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM

if its that hot, i dont think they can legally leave you without a/c especially since u have a child

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM
This!

Quoting lilmomma232010:

if its that hot, i dont think they can legally leave you without a/c especially since u have a child

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whitney517
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM
That's what I though.... It was 80 last night and inside the apartment it was 89... It will probably get to 100 in here today. I am going to have my DF call from work and get into their ass... It's in his name anyway. Maybe they will listen to him and they obviously they didn't fix it a few weeks ago if it isn't working now. Dumb bitches. I hate this place lol

Quoting lilmomma232010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma232010
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM

call the non-emergency police number and ask them what you can legally do if they dont not come out and fix your a/c

Quoting Whitney517:

That's what I though.... It was 80 last night and inside the apartment it was 89... It will probably get to 100 in here today. I am going to have my DF call from work and get into their ass... It's in his name anyway. Maybe they will listen to him and they obviously they didn't fix it a few weeks ago if it isn't working now. Dumb bitches. I hate this place lol

Quoting lilmomma232010:

baby

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Go to the pool and hang out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa632
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM
I've been waiting 12 weeks for ac. They finally brought by 2 window units. Hooked the 110 up in my room but needed to come back to run a 220 outlet for the living room. Said they'd be back the next day. A week & a half later, I'm still waiting. It's gonna be 93 today. The fans just aren't cutting it anymore. I feel for ya. Hope they get your air fixed soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmiJanell
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Does the apartment complex have a "club house" (where all the staff works?).... I would go sit there and let your child run around in their nice cool office until they get it fixed LOL

(okay, maybe I wouldn't... but it would be funny!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)