Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Has anyone been here before? Can you tell me about your experience. Thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Replies (21-29):
Kool_Aide
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Oh, there is a pizza buffet restraunt there. Risitas something...???
It's much cheaper and you can fill up.
P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Idk when will go. May,june and July are busy months for us. I don't wanna do August but I might have to. I might do labor day weekend or sometime in September.

Quoting jnttd:

I don't think the new really big water park is open yet but you pay for one ticket and it gets you into both. Just make sure you get the tickets that let you in to the water park.

Parking is $15, $20 for preferred. You can bring your own water bottles but no outside food. They also have a dining pass for like $40 that will get you food and drinks all throughout the park if you plan to be there ALL day. We've never bought it though since DD can only take like 3 hours.

If you have little ones I say go early morning or don't go until late afternoon because it is very hot here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Look at the daily schedules because if you wait in line you can feed the dolphins and get pictures with the sea lions. [:
If you're staying a few days in SA there's a cheap children's museum here. There's a lot of other stuff but I'm thinking of what's cheap since you'll already be spending a lot at Sea World. And I think Sea World lets you upgrade to a two day ticket pretty cheap.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Idk when will go. May,june and July are busy months for us. I don't wanna do August but I might have to. I might do labor day weekend or sometime in September.

Quoting jnttd:

I don't think the new really big water park is open yet but you pay for one ticket and it gets you into both. Just make sure you get the tickets that let you in to the water park.

Parking is $15, $20 for preferred. You can bring your own water bottles but no outside food. They also have a dining pass for like $40 that will get you food and drinks all throughout the park if you plan to be there ALL day. We've never bought it though since DD can only take like 3 hours.

If you have little ones I say go early morning or don't go until late afternoon because it is very hot here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3monkeys2love
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Looks like its an additional $20 to do the water park also.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-sanantonio/Aquatica-San-Antonio/Admission

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

I know! I'm trying to find the price for it and I'm just getting the cabanna price.

Quoting 3monkeys2love:

I just got on the website, I had no idea they have a seperate water park now. Looks like fun!

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Ok, thanks!!

Quoting 3monkeys2love:

When we went you just pay for parking then tickets to get in. Everything inside the park was included. We haven't been since last year and I believe if you purchase tickets online they're a little cheaper.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

How much was it total? From the site there is the regular sea world park and then the waterpark.

Quoting 3monkeys2love:

LOVE IT!!! It's hot but there are so many things to do to stay cool. Wave pool, kid water play area, Shamu and other shows, feeding dolphins and seals. It's a great place to go. Take swimsuits and plenty of water. The food is pricey but it's not any worse than Six Flags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Cool, I think we will do a day at sea world, then a day at the water park, then maybe a day just for San Antonio or maybe stop in Dallas on the way back.

Quoting jnttd:

Look at the daily schedules because if you wait in line you can feed the dolphins and get pictures with the sea lions. [:

If you're staying a few days in SA there's a cheap children's museum here. There's a lot of other stuff but I'm thinking of what's cheap since you'll already be spending a lot at Sea World. And I think Sea World lets you upgrade to a two day ticket pretty cheap.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Quoting jnttd:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Thanks!

Quoting 3monkeys2love:

Looks like its an additional $20 to do the water park also.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-sanantonio/Aquatica-San-Antonio/Admission

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

I know! I'm trying to find the price for it and I'm just getting the cabanna price.

Quoting 3monkeys2love:

I just got on the website, I had no idea they have a seperate water park now. Looks like fun!

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Ok, thanks!!

Quoting 3monkeys2love:

When we went you just pay for parking then tickets to get in. Everything inside the park was included. We haven't been since last year and I believe if you purchase tickets online they're a little cheaper.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

How much was it total? From the site there is the regular sea world park and then the waterpark.

Quoting 3monkeys2love:

LOVE IT!!! It's hot but there are so many things to do to stay cool. Wave pool, kid water play area, Shamu and other shows, feeding dolphins and seals. It's a great place to go. Take swimsuits and plenty of water. The food is pricey but it's not any worse than Six Flags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
82ndairbornewif
Its fun :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan1987
Agreed. I worked there last summer n it irked me to see people have their little ones out in this heat! Bring lots of sunblock!!

Quoting jnttd:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan1987
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM
The childrens museum is cheap. The zoo is also pretty cheap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN