Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Alright mama's I need advice.

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM
  • 23 Replies
Dd felt like she had a fever yesterday, but I figured it was just from being hot. Well after taking 2 naps ( she never does this anymore ) I went & bought a thermometer. Took her temp & it was 99.9 underarm. Gave her medicine & took her temp 2 hrs later while she was asleep. It was down to 98.8. This morning at about 8 it was 98.4. Well when she woke up from her nap about 30 minutes ago she was warm again so I took her temp & it is 101.1. I gave her some more medicine, but not sure whether I should take her to the er or wait....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommynwife26
by Brianna on May. 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I wouldn't unless it hits 102 and doesn't go down with meds and keeping her cool, it could just be her body trying to fight off a virus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaslilpunkin
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:31 PM

My dd runs a temp right before she gets a cold virus.I would hold off on the ER.Just watch her thru the course of the day and tonite to see if she spikes a high fever,if it goes down with meds and returns when meds wear off.If she is eating,drinking and playing,acting like herself,i wouldn't worry too much.

in love                           blowing bubbles               puppy

Nathan & Tracey 06.12.99             Grace 10.10.03            Jonas 08.28.10

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Well, underarm tems can be very unreliable especially right after sleeping and being covered in blankets. How old is your dd? I would just keep an eye on her for now. It really depends on her age what temp is ER worthy as well. If she is under 6 months old, anything 100.4 and higher, she needs to be seen right away, 6 months to about 2 yrs 102 and higher and any child 104 and higher needs to be seen at least by a pediatrician.
bry36
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:33 PM
I wouldnt unless she seems to be getting worse or fever gets higher I always just go off are they drinking playing how high is fever over 101 and meds are helping how old is she ? Can she tell you how she feels keep an eye on her and go with your instincts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM
She is 2.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Well, underarm tems can be very unreliable especially right after sleeping and being covered in blankets. How old is your dd? I would just keep an eye on her for now. It really depends on her age what temp is ER worthy as well. If she is under 6 months old, anything 100.4 and higher, she needs to be seen right away, 6 months to about 2 yrs 102 and higher and any child 104 and higher needs to be seen at least by a pediatrician.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM
She is 2. She only tells me when her ears or stomach hurt.

Quoting bry36:

I wouldnt unless she seems to be getting worse or fever gets higher I always just go off are they drinking playing how high is fever over 101 and meds are helping how old is she ? Can she tell you how she feels keep an eye on her and go with your instincts

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Brittany on May. 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Nah just keep giving her meds. Thats all they will do in the ER.

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Quoting AmberMerrell:

I would just watch her then and keep her hydrated. Does she have her 2 yr molars, yet? Sometimes, they can get like that when the molars are coming in. My ds got all 4 in at once and spiked a 102.5 temp. We took him to the ped and she said it was the molars. We alternated Motrin and Tylenol for a week and once they broke through he was fine.
christina0607
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I don't if there is no other symptoms. Just keep her on the meds for 24 hours don't skip a dose and allow the fever to spike again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandiNthomas
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM
My dd gets a very warm when she is. Tired..lol give it a cpl more days before u go to the er... unless it gets worse or having other symptoms...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)