Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

*UPDATE NUMBER 2* who met their s/o online

Posted by   + Show Post
And when did you actually meet? I ask because I am talking to this great guy online right now. Haven't had time to meet yet mainly because he is am hour away and neither of us have a car.

So after talking to this guy for a couple weeks he is already looking at the future. And is constantly telling me that he loves me and wants me to be apart of his life. We haven't even met yet. Seems like every 5 min he says I love you and I want to be with you and all this other stuff. Don't get me wrong I like hearing every thing he tells me but not every few seconds. I'm beginning to think he is just desperate.

**UPDATE 2** I have been talking to this other guy for awhile and he seems real sweet. I was also keeping my options open and talked to another guy. This second guy expected me to put him before my daughter. Sry that's not happening
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
armyvet06
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Congrats on the baby! And I think this guy is may want to marry me later on down the road.

Quoting Apollos82:

Me!! :D

We met December 15th, 2010, via match.com emails and chat...then face to face Christmas Day, 2010. :)

Happily married since July 2011. <3 And a baby on the way!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jylianne
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I met my husband on a website in April 2003, we talked on the phone and emailed for a few months, then met in July... he asked me to marry him, and I moved to Cali in Aug of 2003, we were married in April 2004... and just had our 8 year anniversary April 30th.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

DF and I actually started talking on a fetish website oct/nov 2010 met Dec 2010 and started dating Jan 12, 2011... he moved in with me and my boys officially Man 2011 and we've never been happier. 

babyblue21
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Meet dh on yahoo chat almost 9yrs ago! We called and emailed then meet 4 months later. He still gives me a card and flowers on the date we met!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats

Quoting imspikesmom:

i met my partner online. we have been together 5 yrs. hes not a sex offender, we have a 1 yo and are getting married in sept. hes awesome. i really couldnt ask for a better partner in life. and i dont know if we would have met otherwise.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrimer
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

if you dont get the "creepy" vibe from him, i'd say go for it. thats how my hubby was with me and its like we were soulmates. but if you feel any kind of weird vibe, then be careful

Quoting armyvet06:

I have been talking to this guy since April. Haven't met yet and he wants me to be his gf.

Quoting mrsbrimer:

i met my husband on craigslist. lol. we talked and texted for only like 2 weeks before we decided to meet, he asked me to be his girlfriend that same night on our first date and we have been together ever since.

lovemyairman150
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I did. We use to feel silly admitting that, but now, we laugh about it. I just want to stress though, that he actually ended up being best friends with my cousin and we never made plans to meet until we realized we had a mutual friend and I spoke to my cousin first to make sure he wasn't some crazy serial killer! Even though I met my SO online, I wouldnt advocate for it simply b/c you really never know. I wouldn't have ever agreed to meet with my SO if the situation was any different. PLEASE be careful. Use your better judgement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
longhorngal
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I met SO online.  We texted like 400 times a day for 2 weeks, then met for our first date that started at 9:45 am and lasted until 4 p.m.  He lived 2 hours away and drove to meet me.  He and his boys moved in last July and we are getting married.  We've been together over a year.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Congratulations

Quoting jylianne:

I met my husband on a website in April 2003, we talked on the phone and emailed for a few months, then met in July... he asked me to marry him, and I moved to Cali in Aug of 2003, we were married in April 2004... and just had our 8 year anniversary April 30th.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I met Jim online, we met about a week after chatting he drove 2 hours to see me. That was 5 years ago and we are still doing great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)