Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

*UPDATE NUMBER 2* who met their s/o online

Posted by   + Show Post
And when did you actually meet? I ask because I am talking to this great guy online right now. Haven't had time to meet yet mainly because he is am hour away and neither of us have a car.

So after talking to this guy for a couple weeks he is already looking at the future. And is constantly telling me that he loves me and wants me to be apart of his life. We haven't even met yet. Seems like every 5 min he says I love you and I want to be with you and all this other stuff. Don't get me wrong I like hearing every thing he tells me but not every few seconds. I'm beginning to think he is just desperate.

**UPDATE 2** I have been talking to this other guy for awhile and he seems real sweet. I was also keeping my options open and talked to another guy. This second guy expected me to put him before my daughter. Sry that's not happening
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Replies (521-528):
gdsTX
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM
I also have to say that I met some pretty weird and crazy guys online before and while talking to him. From the sound of things, there are about 5-6 red flags waving in hurricane force winds. Tread carefully or cut it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
puddinpopsmama
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I met df on Craigslist. We talked almost two weeks. We fell unlove before we met. 4.5 years later we have a beautiful DD and are getting married December!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkslilncs
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I met my sane, arrest record free husband online. We met I flew to England, he flew back and forth to here. I flew there a few more times. Then we got married. We met in 06 got married end of 08. Things are great he is sane I swear no nut case here. BUT you do need to use common sense. If the person is never around for holidays, that's a red flag that means family they are hiding. If you have not talked to a friend of theirs another red flag. If they are always online or texting another red flag. When you meet first meet in a public place, that does not mean meet in a coffee house then drive away with them to a hotel. That means first meeting should be you meeting them in a public place then going out you going back to your hotel alone. The next meet you can use judgement for serial killer material.

Julieann0905
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I met my husband online also when we were only 13! we talked for over a year before meeting and we just for married in march and are expecting our first baby. meeting someone online has its benefits because it forcing you to get to know the person without accusations.
BETTABEOTCH
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I met my (now) husband online, in an aol chatroom, when I was 13, he was 14. We kept in touch online until I was 21, met for the first time, flew back and forth from PA/NE. We are now happily married and expecting twins!

BETTABEOTCH
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Agreed. We knew eachother better than best friends by the time we had met! We shared so much with eachother, because we never really figured we'd meet. When we did  meet and things developed, it was great because we already knew eachother mentally/emotionally. It allowed us to focus on physically getting to know eachother and .....such :)

denversmommy12
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM

You will hear both horror and success stories about online dating. My boyfriend and I are 27 years apart. We met on Match.com over 2 years ago and life has been wonderful ever since. We now have a beautiful 3 month old baby boy.

My advice...try finding out as much as you can about him and write it all down, (his full name, birthday, where he grew up ect. ect). Conduct a background check and if he comes up clean and you decide to meet him make sure you meet in a public place and leave the written details about him in your purse or at home (visiable when you walk in) should something bad happen. And make sure you let a girfriend know where and when your going to meet. Good luck.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Thank you. I have done a background check on him and as far as I can see he is clean and he is just fine with meeting in a public area during the day

Quoting denversmommy12:

You will hear both horror and success stories about online dating. My boyfriend and I are 27 years apart. We met on Match.com over 2 years ago and life has been wonderful ever since. We now have a beautiful 3 month old baby boy.

My advice...try finding out as much as you can about him and write it all down, (his full name, birthday, where he grew up ect. ect). Conduct a background check and if he comes up clean and you decide to meet him make sure you meet in a public place and leave the written details about him in your purse or at home (visiable when you walk in) should something bad happen. And make sure you let a girfriend know where and when your going to meet. Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)