Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dairy Free Diet

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM
  • 111 Replies
1 mom liked this

So... I have been reading about the benefits of a dairy free diet. And I think I want to try it out - there is a 10 Day Challenge.

Are any of your ladies out there living a Dairy Free life - whether by choice or for medical reasons?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I should but i love my cheese too much.  Remember to read labels since there is alot of things dairy is in that you wouldnt expect.

DallasGirl214
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I wish dairy free were an option for us. I love cheese and ice cream way too much. We drink almond & coconut milk in place of regular milk but that's as close to non dairy as we get. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I.heart.my.kids
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM

that is what i think its going to be the problem for me i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE CHEEEEEEEEESE and BUTTAH!

mstricey
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I like cheese too much but my son is almost completely dairy free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casanderson1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm dairy free because I'm highly allergic to it, I am also vegan so it works out lol. I love it! I can't imagine eating dairy ever again! Try tofutti brand cream cheese and sour cream, Daiya shredded cheese, and soy or coconut or almond milks are all good. SOdelicous ice cream is really good as well as purely decadent. Make sure you look in breads and other food labels for Whey, and Casien those are both milk derivatives. Good luck! :)
casanderson1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Oh also for butter Smart Balance Light is dairy free not the regular one it has to be light.
rgba
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I went dairy and soy free for 11 months while breastfeeding. It sucked. Although I did lose a ton of weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:30 AM

by choice since it doesnt agree with me

stockuponlove
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Mostly dairy free by choice. I am mildly lactose. Milk, ice cream, and coffee creamer are some of the things that effect me the most.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I.heart.my.kids
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

What are some of your favorite products? And what was the hardest thing for you to give up?

Quoting stockuponlove:

Mostly dairy free by choice. I am mildly lactose. Milk, ice cream, and coffee creamer are some of the things that effect me the most.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)