Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

am i just behind the times??

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM
  • 394 Replies
1 mom liked this

So just a curiousity question..more and more people i know that are dating constantly call each other husband and wife, when they are not.  My bf and I have been together for 2 years, live together and I'm pregnant with his first child however he is not my husband! not yet anyway lol I guess it's mostly on FB I see this.  My cousins bf just said something this morning on FB about his "wife", and they are in no way married.  They aren't the only ones I've noticed doing this sooo is this the new normal thing or do I just know some weird people?? lol

by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:59 PM
24 moms liked this

It annoys me to no end... but it has become more and more the norm for boy friends and girl friends to call each other husband or wife.

lynnd4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM
4 moms liked this
Unless its common law, its annoying. Ultimately I don't care as it's not causing any harm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
el_dj_mom
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

ty!! I really hate to admit some so trivial annoys me to no end..but it does lol so glad I'm not the only one :)

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

It annoys me to no end... but it has become more and more the norm for boy friends and girl friends to call each other husband or wife.

TessB
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:05 PM
69 moms liked this
It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I'm going to start calling my husband my life partner just to screw with people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa632
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM
4 moms liked this
Yeah, it's annoying (and confusing). It doesn't affect me personally, but it's annoying nonetheless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gossipfoodie28
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM
9 moms liked this

I'm married now, but wouldn't call him my husband before that. It was matter of principle, put a ring on it and make it legit! Otherwise, you're my boyfriend. Don't have a problem with other people doing it, but my personal preference.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this
My SO and I call each other hubby and wifey.

We have been together for 6 1/2 yrs and are having a baby in October. We will get married the beginning of next year...... sometime......or idk. We will get married though lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:07 PM
10 moms liked this

I think it's stupid.

BabySocks0912
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:07 PM
6 moms liked this
Unless you are in a serious committed relationship.. Its annoying. Especially young couples who break up every week..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM
10 moms liked this
When we had our first, she was a surprise.

We decided to stick it out and be a family. We did get married when she was 1, but until then he always referred to me as wife.

At the time we were 25 and 31. We'd look like idiots if we referred to eachother as baby mama and baby daddy lol. Girlfriend/ boyfriend sounds juvenile and fiance *I* just hate.

It is what it is, and married sounds more serious if you're already a family. As for kids saying husband/ wife I guess that is annoying.

Jmo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)