Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you make your children clean their rooms?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM
  • 247 Replies

This is more about pre teens and teens then younger kids....

Do make your kids clean their rooms? How often do they have to? Do you allow your children to live in a messy room?

My oldest always gives me a hard time about cleaning his room, I am starting to wonder if i should just allow him to live in a messy room and make him keep his door shut and tell him as long as it is a mess he can't have anyone over in his room.

***EDIT***My kids have had to clean their own rooms every night before bed since they were 2, but now that my oldest is 12.5 he likes to give me a hard time.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scoutfamilyof7
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM
7 moms liked this

Yep sure do. They have to clean it daily! They give me a hard time but if they want to go have fun they must do their chores and homework.

mommy259
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:34 PM

BUMP!

bluebunbun
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM
4 moms liked this
Lol my 3 1/2 year old has to clean her room!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy259

See my younger ones clean theirs every night before bed, and my oldest use to be really good about getting his room clean, but now he just gives me a hard time.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Yep sure do. They have to clean it daily! They give me a hard time but if they want to go have fun they must do their chores and homework.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Yes but they are little and we don't keep toys in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommylicious4
1 mom liked this
yes i do they are 8,4 and they know that if the dont clean their room theyll get in trouble..no play time or video game time or any thing fun until room is cleaned
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Katie on May. 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM
5 moms liked this

My kids are 2 and 4, and there isn't much in their room, so no. 

But, growing up, if we didn't keep our room clean, my stepmom went in and cleaned it for us. This meant we were left with our bed, dresser, and clothes. That was it. 

Only took twice for me to decide to clean my own damn room! 

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM
8 moms liked this

My kids are 10, 8 and 5.5 but they all know that a messy room is a standing invitation for me to go through and discard anything I see fit. If they want to keep it, it needs to be put away in its proper place. As they get older it will become more of a privacy thing than a possession thing. If they dont want me going through their stuff, keep it picked up.

3isgreat
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM
My kids clean there rooms up about daily but they still look messy lol.... But if they want to play with there ds's they have to clean up or before bed they clean up I have five kids so the house isn't the best but they do have to straighten up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Nichole on May. 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Both of mine (10 & 3) clean their rooms. Not cleaning their rooms is not an option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN