Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I wish my best friend would calm down!

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have recently became really close with a woman who's husband is deployed right now. She is alone a lot so I decided that Thursday nights me and my DDs would always eat dinner with her at my or her house. We really enjoy it. She will post almost each week "Thursday family dinner with Lori and the girls" then tag me in it.  It shows up on my page and sometimes I will even post a status about it. Every single time my best friend comments on it being snotty. Most recently her comment was "What ever happened to inviting your BEST friend to dinner at your place?" 

Seriously she is acting like a 2 year old! I have dinner with my friend once a week. Big deal. I love my best friend to pieces but I just want to ignore her right now! 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HistoryNutty
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Just tell her this woman needs you more than she does right now. Or set up a night with her each week too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM
oh boohoo btw that's really nice of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM
How old is she? 15?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM
My ex best friend would do that. It was like I wasn't supposed to do anything without her there. It was really annoying!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiecakesmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Just tell her this woman needs you more than she does right now. Or set up a night with her each week too.

She knows her situation and I will talk to her about it more once I sleep off my annoyance lol My best friend and I both have jobs, i have kids and she has a husband. We see each other at least every other week if not once a week. She's just being moody I think lol 

joshlor2
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM
I would tell her straight up to GROW UP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiecakesmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Quoting nancym3:

How old is she? 15?

25 but she is acting more like 15! lol 

HistoryNutty
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Oh... Sounds like she's just being immature. Is she afraid of being replaced or something?

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Quoting HistoryNutty:

She knows her situation and I will talk to her about it more once I sleep off my annoyance lol My best friend and I both have jobs, i have kids and she has a husband. We see each other at least every other week if not once a week. She's just being moody I think lol 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)