Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moms of 7 year old boys or older?? I need your help!

Posted by   + Show Post

So my son, turns 7 tomorrow, is HUGE! In my mind when I look at him I think he looks normal. He's a growing boy and eats alot. My mom has been gone for a month to TX on vacation. When she came back and saw my oldest son she asked if he was active and eating healthy.  He is just as active as his little brothers and plays outside daily. He barely never sits in front of a TV or plays video games. My kids arent really into that. I have shared parenting with my ex husband so I'm not real clear on what goes on at that house eating and play wise. But I guess what I'm trying to find out is if my son should be eating less or being more active. I don't want him to gain too much weight and become unhealthy. For instance he ate just as much as I did for dinner tonight. And he was still asking for more. He is 72 lbs. I look at some parts of his body like his thighs and calves and even feet and they are pudgy lol.... but I always just thought of him as being a thick boy. A growing boy. Any advoce or comments are appreciated. Thanks!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Replies (41-41):
LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM
My dd is 3 and is about that....she is 38.5 inches but 29.5 lbs.

Quoting ladyraven16:

Wow mama! My 3yr old is 39" 38-39#. I can't imagine a 7yr old being the same size lol.

Quoting mackQuin:

My son will be 7 and he only weighs 32lbs and 38inches tall.LOL but he's small. Extremely small. He'll be 7 in October

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN