Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need advice/help/thoughts. Warning, tmi*

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM
  • 11 Replies
First off, i know you are not dr's. This question is for my friend who currently doesnt have insurance, however i called my obgyn and they will do a discounted office visit if you pay in full. She has an appt but they cant see her till after mothers day.
So, question, what could cause drainage from a nipple? It is clearish, mucoid. she is currently in her period. She is done having kids, has her tubes tied and her youngest is 6. She has a lump in that breast that was biopsied five years ago and came back benign. She is a little tender, but she is on her period. This has never happened before.
Any one ever experience this before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicmain
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Im mobile so i appologise for spelling and grammar in advance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Idk so bump for someone that does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeffd95c
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM
My friend had a similar issue and it turned out to be an infection that was easily treated. I'll ask her tomorrow what it was called
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I have that happen sometimes. My doctor said it was likely caused from hormones. About every 3 months I have a really bad cycle/period. I will have every PMS symptom there is..plus many more things. Migraine headaches, severe breast tenderness, acne, and even leaking breasts.

I did have to see a neurologist to rule out pituitary tumor when I first started having the problem. I also had to have my thyroid tested to make sure it was functioning properly. Every test turned out fine though, so the doctor just said that it was probably hormone related.

nicmain
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Thanks. Do you know if the discharge had a color, was the breast painful.etc? I ask because there is no color to my friends, and her breast isnt warm to the touch nor any redness.

Quoting wifeffd95c:

My friend had a similar issue and it turned out to be an infection that was easily treated. I'll ask her tomorrow what it was called
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyrw
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM
It is probably hormones. Is there a smell to it? Does she have any signs of an infection? Fever?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Try frozen peas. Hope that helps!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

natdsstr
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Wish I could help. I have had this same problem for 6 years, but the drs just tell me it's nothing I'm getting old.
JZB
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM

breast cancer not sure but I heard soething about it happening but it was in a guy

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:59 PM

There are many different causes for nipple discharge.  Most are normal or at least treatable.  Here's a link to possible causes you can pass on to your friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN