Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is it ok to see other people if your separated? SPIN OFF of mom confessions post

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: is it ok to see other people if your separated?

Options:

yes

no

only as long as your not living together

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 129

View Results

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM

some of those though if the other person can be found but refuses to sign will not allow the divorce.

Quoting alreadydidthis:

Certain States will allow for divorce after a few years if one party cant be found

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I say yes because I have seen vindictive people hold up a divorce for 15 YEARS just to make their ex's life miserable. Should that person not be allowed to move on because of a mean person?

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM

*These are MY opinions and NO ONE has to agree*

I believe you should be legally divorced before starting a new relationship. There is no scenario in my mind that would make me believe it's perfectly ok for you to basically commit adultery. Whether you're separated or whatever. You're not divorced until you get that decree.

ilayframe
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM
he could have.. he's in law enforcement. didn't help he grabbed my arm and left a mark either because i had his phone.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

He could have you arrested. What good would that do your children?

Quoting ilayframe:

that was my post...

its been less than 2 weeks since i asked him to leave. i asked him to leave because of the women. even though we have different problems.. which is his reasoning for Sep.

idk. this situation is just shit and anyone who wants to say i was wrong, idk. he deserved it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM

say your husband started beating you, you left, He REFUSES to sign the papers for YEARS MANY MANY YEARS you don't think you would have the right to move on in your life?

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

I believe you should be legally divorced before starting a new relationship. There is no scenario in my mind that would make me believe it's perfectly ok for you to basically commit adultery. Whether your separated or whatever. You're not divorced until you get that decree.

alreadydidthis
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM
That sucks!

Quoting gypsy_rose:

some of those though if the other person can be found but refuses to sign will not allow the divorce.

Quoting alreadydidthis:

Certain States will allow for divorce after a few years if one party cant be found

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I say yes because I have seen vindictive people hold up a divorce for 15 YEARS just to make their ex's life miserable. Should that person not be allowed to move on because of a mean person?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irishstarz
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Exactly this.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I'm old fashioned

I say no.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Agreed especially for abuse situations. The abuser try to keep control of the abused this way.

Quoting alreadydidthis:

That sucks!

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting alreadydidthis:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:43 PM

That's easy. You go to the lawyer, have them put out the order (or whatever notice it is) and wait for him to show. If he doesn't you get a default judgement. I will NEVER find myself dating if I am not legally divorced. If others do it, that's THEIR business. It's not right to date while you're still married. I don't care if your hearts aren't together or you're separated.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

say your husband started beating you, you left, He REFUSES to sign the papers for YEARS MANY MANY YEARS you don't think you would have the right to move on in your life?

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

I believe you should be legally divorced before starting a new relationship. There is no scenario in my mind that would make me believe it's perfectly ok for you to basically commit adultery. Whether your separated or whatever. You're not divorced until you get that decree.

gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM

not all states do that. In some states BOTH have to be in agreement or the divorce does not happen.

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

That's easy. You go to the lawyer, have them put out the order (or whatever notice it is) and wait for him to show. If he doesn't you get a default judgement. I will NEVER find myself dating if I am not legally divorced. If others do it, that's THEIR business. It's not right to date while you're still married. I don't care if your hearts aren't together or you're separated.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Well I know nothing about other states or much about Divorce as I've never and don't plan on being divorced. I do know that I wouldn't feel right "moving on" until it was done the right way. Now that's just me.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

not all states do that. In some states BOTH have to be in agreement or the divorce does not happen.

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)