Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is it ok to see other people if your separated? SPIN OFF of mom confessions post

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: is it ok to see other people if your separated?

Options:

yes

no

only as long as your not living together

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 129

View Results

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Replies (71-80):
TrouserMouse
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
That is the situation I am in. We have moved on and we are both okay with that. Hopefully, we can finally get the divorce finalized soon.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

If you are separated and have an understanding that you can see other people or it is pending a divorce being final, I say go for it. Otherwise, I think it's disrespectful, ie, it is a trial separation with the hopes of getting back together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embersparkle
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM
There was no grieving for me....I was thrilled to no longer be with that abusive ass. There were no marriage vows to protect anymore the first time he laid his hand on me.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I just don't understand how you can commit your LIFE to someone - and the moment they leave or you leave you're READY to date another person.

Doesn't that marriage commitment mean something - even if the marriage fell apart - isn't there A grieving period, isn't it a time to focus on yourself, and getting your children adjusted to the new circumstances.

You can wait until those papers go through.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyrw
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:42 PM
My dh's ex wife refused to sign divorce papers. It took him having to repeatedly take her to court and after 4 years a judge finally forced her to sign the papers. She did it to be a vindictive bitch. She cheated on him, why should he hold up his vowels when she broke hers, over and over until he caught her? He and I started seeing each other 6 months after he moved out of their house. She immediately moved her boy toy in with her. Yet she still wouldn't go through with the divorce bc she knew about me. The first words I ever heard this woman speak were "if all I do in my life is make your life miserable then I believe I will have had a happy life". They were over long before he left, he didn't need time to get over her because by then he loathed her.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I just don't understand how you can commit your LIFE to someone - and the moment they leave or you leave you're READY to date another person.

Doesn't that marriage commitment mean something - even if the marriage fell apart - isn't there A grieving period, isn't it a time to focus on yourself, and getting your children adjusted to the new circumstances.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

If divorce were more strict, I wonder, would fewer people get married, or would they just be smarter about who they married?

thehickinhickor
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM
I say yes he saw people when we where married i did not 2long yrs of binge cheated on and trying to work it out once i lift it was for good no going back so i moved on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Chaotic-
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:53 PM
I'd say no only because it can complicate things in a messed up way and that people can be vindictive and it can mess with both parties, plus on the offshot you try to work things out later... It's just messy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM

You're obviously not over this man. How can you possibly move on with a new one until you figure out a) what went wrong in your last relationship b) why you picked someone like that and c) how to move on with your life without him? Replacing him with another man isn't going to help you find yourself.

Quoting christi34:

How is two wrongs when its the husband that's doing the cheating/leaving? I haven't even so much looked at another man but he was seeing someone else while still sleeping/living with me (the wife of 13 years). Then lied about the woman when I found out about her. Even took my kids around this bitch. Yeah I called her that cause she knew he was married. I don't have any symphathy for him or her. If he was that miserable why not just leave, he can't survive on his own. He always gotta have a woman doing something for him. Now he has my daughters beliving his shit (they are 16 and 12). He let's them what they want to do. He even put them on BC without my permission. Telling them that its okay for a married man to cheat on his wife. He's brainwashing them and I can't do anything to stop it. I'm glad my boys aren't going through that (they live with me).

Quoting Mrs.Tirado:

Yea but two wrongs don't make a right.

Quoting christi34:

I feel the same way but what if one of the spouses was already seeing someone else before the separation even occured and lied about being with this other woman and only claims to be friends with this woman but everytime you let your son spend the night the son always comes home to tell you that this other woman also spend the night. That is not a friend. Cheating bastard and the divorce hasn't even been seen by the judge yet.

Goes to show he has no respect for women in general.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM

OTHER

It depends on the couple and what they agree on and if the seperation is ultimately going to mean getting back together or if it means let's just make sure we want to do this.

Liyoness
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Maybe his divorce would have gone through more quickly if he hadn't been so quick to get his dick wet again.

Quoting amyrw:

My dh's ex wife refused to sign divorce papers. It took him having to repeatedly take her to court and after 4 years a judge finally forced her to sign the papers. She did it to be a vindictive bitch. She cheated on him, why should he hold up his vowels when she broke hers, over and over until he caught her? He and I started seeing each other 6 months after he moved out of their house. She immediately moved her boy toy in with her. Yet she still wouldn't go through with the divorce bc she knew about me. The first words I ever heard this woman speak were "if all I do in my life is make your life miserable then I believe I will have had a happy life". They were over long before he left, he didn't need time to get over her because by then he loathed her.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

cLanief
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I grieved about my failed marriage during our time together... By the time I wasn't living with him and we separated i was soooo happy with being away from him and that life I was ready beyond ready to move on with my life.

Nothing and i mean nothing was standing in my way of finally being happy with allllllll aspects of my life.

So yes i think it's fineandfuckingdandy to start your life over before. Those stupid papers are signed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)