Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
STBX came over to visit DD (3) tonight and at bedtime he brought her into her bedroom where I was straightening up her bed getting it ready. He tells her to go limp and says "Oh no, Mom! Look what I found! A wounded Charlotte!" So I pretended to be distraught and beside myself, falling to the ground and clutching her wailing "OH WHY, GOD, WHY? NOT MY CHARLOTTE!" But apparently she didn't know I was only playing along and thought I was really upset, so she started crying. And I mean BAWLING. Man, I felt like shit.

Anything like that ever happen to you and/or your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
B-FigNewton
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM

If I fake cry about anything my DD (2.5) will start crying. I just don't do it anymore. lol

white_wolf454
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

My son found my screaming Mimi he pulled the cord and it lets out such a mind numbing sound he got scared and cried . My dad would stomp after my son going i am gonna get you well kid ran into wall funny but yeah we called him knot head for while 

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Yes.  I was really upset one day (I was pregnant with my other DD so I had major hormones going on) and I walked out the front door. DD asked me where I was going and I said, "I running away with the circus."  She apparently thought I was really leaving and she started screaming NO! DON'T GO!!! and started crying.  I felt like crap.  She got anything she asked for that night.

baquick
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Lol. With my friends dd. she got all upset and went and got the first aid kits (toy one) and wanted to check me out. It was hilarious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Lol aww, I've done that to DD too, but I guess I'm a bad liar because she always knows I'm kidding. :P

Quoting luvcloudydays:

The other night my dh put the kids to bed and told me they were ready for hugs n kisses. I heard the kids asking and i jokingly said "no, no hugs and kisses tonight", and they started BAWLING. I felt horrible! lol they got extra hugs and kisses for that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Ds9 hates to hear me pretend to cry. And once, because he said a cake was too chocolatey, I commented he was switched at birth. He didnt like that. If he does something out of character I will say who are you and what have you done with ds? He HATES that. He thinks I am making fun of him which I suppose I am but notto hurt him.

Quoting fatcat0908:

My daughter went through a phase like that too. She thought everyone was laughing at her.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Yes.

My DD went through this whole phase where whenever I laughed- whether it was something she said or something we would see on TV together-  she would get upset and start bawling.  Other than that I can't think of examples, though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Lol cute

Quoting B-FigNewton:

If I fake cry about anything my DD (2.5) will start crying. I just don't do it anymore. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Oh man, I woulda spoiled her that night too.

Quoting casah4:

Yes.  I was really upset one day (I was pregnant with my other DD so I had major hormones going on) and I walked out the front door. DD asked me where I was going and I said, "I running away with the circus."  She apparently thought I was really leaving and she started screaming NO! DON'T GO!!! and started crying.  I felt like crap.  She got anything she asked for that night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Lol that's adorable

Quoting baquick:

Lol. With my friends dd. she got all upset and went and got the first aid kits (toy one) and wanted to check me out. It was hilarious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Don't feel bad, we all "make fun" of our kids. I ask my daughter if she's crazy at least three times a day, lol.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Ds9 hates to hear me pretend to cry. And once, because he said a cake was too chocolatey, I commented he was switched at birth. He didnt like that. If he does something out of character I will say who are you and what have you done with ds? He HATES that. He thinks I am making fun of him which I suppose I am but notto hurt him.

Quoting fatcat0908:

My daughter went through a phase like that too. She thought everyone was laughing at her.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Yes.

My DD went through this whole phase where whenever I laughed- whether it was something she said or something we would see on TV together-  she would get upset and start bawling.  Other than that I can't think of examples, though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)