Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Open! Open! I Just Had To Share!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Just how to share "Lily" my DDs bunny.  Had a bunny post a few weeks ago & she is such a good bunny.  I didn't think I would actually love a bunny but dang she's so cute!  And I thought she'd be harder to take care of, my DD is doing an amazing job w/o much help from me:)

She's already using her litter box most of the time, she is constantly following my DD around.  And when she isn't following Summer she is curled up on my DDs lap or laying in her arms.

She is so sweet!  She was actually kissing me today (I'm sure it was just cause I tasted good or something, lol) & her tongue felt soft.  Yup I was suprised, don't know why.

Anyway, I'm done rambling.  Just had to share Lily:)

by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Replies (51-54):
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I think it may have to do w/when you get them & how often they are handled.

Not that means the bunny won't be horrible, I think it just helps cut down on those issues.

We got Lily at 9 weeks & she had already been handled considerably by kids & adults so that is really good as well.

I try real hard to never get pets from a pet store.  I just don't think they are handled enough or properly most of the time.

We have a local pet store I get our food & supplies from. Sadly sometimes they don't have what I need and have to go to a chain pet store. I just prefer to shop at local stores.

Quoting Evonavich:

Wow, when I had a bunny it was evil! Horrible horrible lil runt it was.

MammaPaparazza
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Thats great! I guess I just didn't invest the time then :(
Our one rabbit would hop around our boxer (was 8 years ago) while he was sleeping and use its back legs to kick him in the face! I hated that bastard rabbit....such a bully!

Quoting CABZS:

The training is a work in progress, lol.

I keep a hay wheel over the litter box.  When she has terds in the cage I put them in the litter box.  I expect some terds bc well she's a bunny, lol.  The peeing was harder but she's getting better.

We also only have her out for about 45min at  a time, when we put her in the cage she almost immediately goes to the litter box.

We watch to make sure she isn't chewing anything, she also has 2 bunny chew things hanging in her cage.

She runs from the dog but when the dog is calm she climbs all over him, lol.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Awww. We two bunnies, they were horrid... The one would fight my dog!!! The other chewed through everything, neither would use the litter box either and forget trying to catch them to put them away!
Im glad you love her! best pic too!
How did u train her to use the box?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM

LOL, I probably would've laughed at the bunny bullying the dog.

I wish my bunny wuold put my dog in his place.  Chief loves to play but doesn't know his own strength, but when ever something comes after him he doesn't know what to do.

Stupid bunny just keeps running and running just making my Lab/Shepard mix want to play chase more, lol.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Thats great! I guess I just didn't invest the time then :(
Our one rabbit would hop around our boxer (was 8 years ago) while he was sleeping and use its back legs to kick him in the face! I hated that bastard rabbit....such a bully!

Quoting CABZS:

The training is a work in progress, lol.

I keep a hay wheel over the litter box.  When she has terds in the cage I put them in the litter box.  I expect some terds bc well she's a bunny, lol.  The peeing was harder but she's getting better.

We also only have her out for about 45min at  a time, when we put her in the cage she almost immediately goes to the litter box.

We watch to make sure she isn't chewing anything, she also has 2 bunny chew things hanging in her cage.

She runs from the dog but when the dog is calm she climbs all over him, lol.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Awww. We two bunnies, they were horrid... The one would fight my dog!!! The other chewed through everything, neither would use the litter box either and forget trying to catch them to put them away!
Im glad you love her! best pic too!
How did u train her to use the box?

Evonavich
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Yeah I got the bunny when it was a few weeks old too. It still turned out to hate us.

Quoting CABZS:

I think it may have to do w/when you get them & how often they are handled.

Not that means the bunny won't be horrible, I think it just helps cut down on those issues.

We got Lily at 9 weeks & she had already been handled considerably by kids & adults so that is really good as well.

I try real hard to never get pets from a pet store.  I just don't think they are handled enough or properly most of the time.

We have a local pet store I get our food & supplies from. Sadly sometimes they don't have what I need and have to go to a chain pet store. I just prefer to shop at local stores.

Quoting Evonavich:

Wow, when I had a bunny it was evil! Horrible horrible lil runt it was.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN