Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Termination of Parents Rights--

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you feel that it means the parent is unfit and not able to properly care for the child?

Options:

yes

No

I don't know

other

Depends on if it is a voluntary or not voluntary termination

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 101

View Results

When you hear this --What do you think of??

by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM

bump

reesesami
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that the parent must be unfit in some way and not able to properly take care of his or her children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM

bump

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting reesesami:

I think that the parent must be unfit in some way and not able to properly take care of his or her children.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM

bump-anyone else--

ccnstanczak
by Save Humanity! on May. 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

deep down it makes me sad for the kids, but who knows, maybe they are better off without the parent. idk.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I think it depends on the situation-I don't feel that it is always the parent is unfit and not able to properly care for the child

GomezMami2908
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Honestly, yes.

Wether it be voluntary or not, to me ultimately it means that the person cannot handle parental responsibilities and the child wouldn't be okay in their care.

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I know a couple that had their kids taken into state custody a couple years ago. The mother was incarerated and is still in jail today. The father has been fighting for custody. He was in Afghanistan when they kids were taken from the mother but the state is acting like it was his fault as well. The mother had been in trouble with DCS a couple times before while he was deployed. She moved counties, and had only been in this house 5 days when the kids were taken from her. She had 18 dogs, a donkey, 5 horses,and a bunch of chickens. Well, after 2 years, they went to court and willingly let the kids go instead of the state stripping them from them. I think it's the best choice the mother made. She had 2 dogs rotting inside the house! All she did was put the dead dogs in the laundry room to rot there. The kids were left alone in the house for hours at a time while she chased the horses when they got loose. The kids were 9 months,  1 1/2 years, 3 years, and 5 years old. When they father deployed, they lived on the other side of the state and didn't have any animals. She apparently thought she could handle 50 animals and 4 children alone. Then I found out later, she had charges against her for animal cruelty before when she only had one child. At first I felt bad that the father had to take all the blame as well as it really wasn't his fault, but after seeing how he lived alone it is no wonder they put him at fault as well. The kids are much better off in foster care.

Supervane
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
It means you will no longer be the parent for whatever reason... Probably in the Childs best interest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)