Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any Idea What Kind of Spider this is?

Posted by   + Show Post

The pic might be small because I'm mobile but he's brown and stripey. We live in south/central Texas, if that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Replies (41-50):
robbinsroost
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

It killed the babies. I squished the mommy spider.

Quoting KairisMomma:

Vinegar spray will kill spiders?

Quoting robbinsroost:

I had that happen last week in my laundry room. So glad I had my vinegar spray close by.

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting 2manydiapers:

Looks like either a hobo or a wolf. But no thats not a recluse, its to chubby. Oh and a little known fact Wolf spider carry their young on their back

It's not a little known fact to those of us who have been unfortunate enough to squish one that had it's babies on it's back. :( Talk about fucking nightmares.

Lizard_Lina
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Omg! What happens when you squish mama? Wouldn't the babies just be squished too? Or are they little freaks of nature from my nightmares? *shudder* I hate spiders

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Oh my fucking god, the first time I ever saw a wolf spider was right after it's babies had hatched. I still have nightmares about it. Horrible. It was like nature thought, "how on earth can I make this creature more awful... OH I'll just coat it in tiny little creepy crawlies! Awesome!" 

Quoting 2manydiapers:

Looks like either a hobo or a wolf. But no thats not a recluse, its to chubby. Oh and a little known fact Wolf spider carry their young on their back

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spiritclua
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

http://www.termite.com/spider-identification.html check this site out and see if anything matches.

darlula
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM
A freakin nasty, scary, creepy one. Thats what kind!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunnysdmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM
It looks similar to a brown recluse. I hope you killed it. They are poisonous. FYI I live on the west coast and I am unsure if this species lives in Texas.
Sunnysdmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM
They are more poisonous than black widows. Btw.
AdellesMom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Holy shit! Why'd I do this to myself?! EEEEKKKKKK! *Screams* *Runs out of post screaming for DH*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never squashed one with babies. Mostly because they are normally outside, but I've heard that the babies scatter. More then likely trying to regroup so they can strategize their revenge. I'm sure of it. I actually have heard that they scatter though if you kill the mom. But it would stand to reason that if you squashed the mom directly it would squash the babies as well. who knows.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Omg! What happens when you squish mama? Wouldn't the babies just be squished too? Or are they little freaks of nature from my nightmares? *shudder* I hate spiders

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Oh my fucking god, the first time I ever saw a wolf spider was right after it's babies had hatched. I still have nightmares about it. Horrible. It was like nature thought, "how on earth can I make this creature more awful... OH I'll just coat it in tiny little creepy crawlies! Awesome!" 

Quoting 2manydiapers:

Lizard_Lina
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM
The one girl said she squashed mom and killed the babies with vinegar spray. I'm a northerner they're EVERYWHERE so I'm just wondering if I should start arming myself with key chain raid.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

I've never squashed one with babies. Mostly because they are normally outside, but I've heard that the babies scatter. More then likely trying to regroup so they can strategize their revenge. I'm sure of it. I actually have heard that they scatter though if you kill the mom. But it would stand to reason that if you squashed the mom directly it would squash the babies as well. who knows.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Quoting 2manydiapers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizard_Lina
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Why didn't the babies die when you squished mom? Reasonably speaking should.t they have been squished too?

Quoting robbinsroost:

It killed the babies. I squished the mommy spider.

Quoting KairisMomma:

Vinegar spray will kill spiders?

Quoting robbinsroost:

I had that happen last week in my laundry room. So glad I had my vinegar spray close by.

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting 2manydiapers:

It's not a little known fact to those of us who have been unfortunate enough to squish one that had it's babies on it's back. :( Talk about fucking nightmares.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)