Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

holy cow!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:30 AM
  • 8 Replies

im sure everyone has heard of synthetic marijuana by now.  i literally stumbled on this page and these testimonials about this shit is scary!!!

http://www.k2drugfacts.com/testimonials.html

just a few of the tons of them...

whoever made this shit should be shot....

My son also had a severe reaction to this herbal blend. He is 18, a senior, and thought that it was a great alternative to pot because it is not illegal. He was screaming, vomiting, and freaking out positive that he was dying. I called 911 and the paramedics had no idea what they were treating him for. All they saw was a healthy young man with a heart rate in excess of 180, and severe vomiting which quickly led to dry heaves. By the time he was in the ER and hooked up, his heart rate slowed, but his blood pressure was 67/26...when he left the hospital the next day it was still only 110/42. Aside from the horrific nightmare that seemed equal to hallucinogenics, he is extremely sore and tired.

I saw the packaging of the K2...which is a JOKE! There is a cheap little sticker that says K2 and in smaller letters "Not for consumption" I get that whoever puts this out thinks that they have an "out" when it comes to being responsible for people smoking this crap, but they obviously know what they are doing because there is no company name, address, ingredients, directions on they expect people to use their product, etc.

I just found out about this junk within the past few days because of our horrible scare! I can promise you that there are more and more people that this will happen to. Do we have to wait until some kids die because their friends won't get them medical treatment due to fear of getting in trouble?

Ever heard the expression "Pretending is as bad as doing" There is a reason marijuana is illegal, as there should be the same reasons (if not more) for this knock off crap. It is dangerous. Those that wrote in to say that they are so clever in knowing how much to smoke so it is not a problem....I just say to you "YET."

I have to say I support the ban on K2, and before the smokers rip me apart, I actually support marijuana legalization.

K2, however, is not marijuana. In fact, it doesn't even say on the package what it is! Synthetic cannabinoid, sure, but god only knows what these companies are putting in the mix. I am a graduate student that used to like the occasional joint in college but due to my doctoral candidacy I won't risk enjoying it anymore. Thus leading to my interest in trying K2. Folks, I had a moderate amount, maybe 4 hits of the standard K2 and I have never been so miserable. Absolutely terrible feeling, heart rate in excess of 90 bpm at rest, increased muscle spasticity, feelings of overwhelming panic. I don't think I was far from the girl who had a seizure.

Bottom line, we haven't studied this and it is not being regulated by anyone. Unfortunately marijuana is illegal and so many kids are going to be looking for an alternative, but PLEASE exercise caution if you are going to try K2. It is extremely potent and I would absolutely reconsider.

I fully support marijuana legalization, but my reactions to K2 have been extremely frightening and I hope that pot supporters will wake up and realize that this stuff is something different altogether.

I started smoking K2 about a month ago. 2 weeks ago, I had a brief (30 minute) experience where I was extremely cold, shivering uncontrollably and had a hard time speaking. Anxiety turned to terror, and I eventually wrote it off as a panic attack due to a vicious cycle of fear. I continued smoking, thinking I just needed to control it mentally.

Last night, I had a much worse reaction. I spent 2 hours experiencing muscle twitches all over my body, lost all color in my face, had clammy hands and feet, and was terrified beyond description. I was certain I would die, or at least end up in the hospital. The thoughts got a LOT worse than that, which again led to panic-attack-like reactions. I skipped dinner and had no appetite. I couldn't relax, couldn't get my body under control. Eventually it passed but it was the worst drug experience I have ever had. Even typing this, my hands are shaking and cold, and I'm not sure whether that means I'm having some kind of relapse or flashback or what.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking this stuff is legal marijuana. It's not. It can do harm you like it did to me. BE CAREFUL.-listen to my experience.

As a longtime pot smoker I thought I would give K2 a try. Whatever blend the headshop sold to us was out of control. Of the three of us who used we smoked one bowl (were warned not to dose higher). 3 rips in I was out. I had a miserable high, the experience was more like PCP than marijuana. Space and time were totally messed up. Imagine seeing everything in repeating snapshots ordered 6,3,5,2,4,1 again and again. It was horrible. My blood pressure and bpm were off the chart. No idea what a seizure is like, but this had to have been close. My friends complained of unpleasant highs but were not nearly as incapacitated as I was. After two hours it was more like a normal high, and I was relieved to have a grip on reality. Day after, no headache and a little loopy. Capable of intense concentration on any one thing for a short period time, but move from task to task to keep interest. Complete lucidity came 24 hrs later.

I tried K2 Spice on Friday for the first time. I took 3 hits and felt great and weird but in a good way then i took 2 more hits and could barely walk. I walked down my friends stairs sat on my knees by a chair and instantly fell over and blacked out. I started hallucinating and i was seeing the craziest things and after awhile i started to question is this life? As i was surrounded by weird colors crashing into each other and then all these creepy things going on in my head. I forgot what life was i forgot how to live i forgot what people were and i thought i was forever damned to this place between life and death. As i was hallucinating while being blacked out i starting having a seizure and my eyes rolled to the back of my head and my body was spasming uncontrollably i couldn't breath at all. My friends heard me choking and came over to me and noticed that i was somewhere i was not supposed to be they saw me seizure and heard me choking on puke. They lifted me and put me on my hands and knees and i puked, gagged, and dry heaved for at least an hour and a half. Not to mention i was still in and out of hallucinations so while i would be puking over a bucket i would hallucinate and my head would drop down and i wouldn't know it but id be choking myself with the bucket. They laid me down on a couch to prevent me from choking myself and i crashed when i woke up i felt extremely paranoid and didn't want to get out of my car after driving home in fear of someone waiting outside to kill me. I would not go in the dark that night ether. The next morning i woke up and cried for half the day and didn't feel like myself i had all these emotions and then i would have none like i was just blah. Now i have troubles being alone and falling asleep at night all the time i still cry whenever i think about it or talk about my experience. I recommend you do not take K2. And i note that i do not do other drugs and did not mix this with other drugs or alcohol. I have forever been scarred by this experience and forever have scared my friends into never doing it again after they almost saw me die

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

-DLC

by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Why not research other drugs while your at it op
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:34 AM

i dont need to.. thats why.

bitter?

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Why not research other drugs while your at it op

-DLC

manicMOM_DLC
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:39 AM

BUMP!

SOCO101
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM

I tried that mess before. (Way before I had dd). One of my friends kept saying she was seeing "the green Jesus" which was this green storbe light we had.

kiowaqueen
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:50 AM
oh no when i use to smoke weed and other drugs were around i would say no thanx only green on my team.....LoL..soo that being said heck no i would not even try that ! im for no K2...IT GOT BANNED here a few yrs back....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:54 AM

i hear that has happened a lot actually

i didn't even know about it til dr phil profiled it a few months ago... shocking shit.

apparently they have this synthetic cocaine labelled as bath salt.  i can't, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would snort something labelled as a salt up their nose!!  OOOOoooOOOOWWWW!!

Quoting kiowaqueen:

oh no when i used to smoke weed and other drugs were aroind i would say no thanx only green on my team.....LoL..soo that being said heck no i would not even try that ! im for no K2...IT GOT BANNED here a few yrs back....

-DLC

Katie6382
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM
My sister tried it in Nov, took one hit and went into convulsions. She somehow was able to call 911 before she got really bad, thank God. She seized the entire time she was waiting for the ambulance and all the way to the hospital. She shredded the bottom of the stretcher because her seizures were so violent. Fortunately, she has no long lasting side effects, but the dr told her she is lucky she doesn't have brain damage. My sister is 42 and went through an awful divorce and just out of the blue decided to try that crap. By the end of the week it was taken off the shelves of every store that sold it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:31 AM
That and bath salts are REALLY bad around here... my brother in law does both.. I know of at least 2 people who have died while using.. it's scary stuff..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)