Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm quitting...

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM
  • 15 Replies
Watching my friends baby. I just don't want her to be mad. I will give her a two week notice. She says she can't afford daycare and makes just over the assistance cutoff so she would just quit her job. The problem is even though the days she needs me does work around my work schedule, it makes it where I can't pick up those days and I make $25/hr so that can be potentially a lot of money. Second I can't plan things when df is off, like boating, fishing, etc. third I told her in the beginning this was only temporary but has been going on since jan. and she can't find anyone else because she wants to pay too cheap ($20 a 8 hour day for when you have him only, which is two days a week unless her dh is off)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
touchingstars
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM
I pay my sitter 20 a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM
20 an hour or for the full 8 hours?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM

well she had better get looking for a sitter right?  She should probably look for a swap if she can-because $20 a day is not enough.

cdi
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM
She pays me $20 for the whole day

Quoting lovelove211:

20 an hour or for the full 8 hours?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM
I know. I just want my freedom to go/do as I please and can't watching her baby and it just isnt worth it for $20/day

Quoting Tea4Tas:

well she had better get looking for a sitter right?  She should probably look for a swap if she can-because $20 a day is not enough.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Maybe she should send him to ur sitter :). But seriously you probably pay you sitter when ur kid is there or not or it is family or something.

Quoting touchingstars:

I pay my sitter 20 a day

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ideal_Lady
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Its only twice a week and she's a friend. Help her out.

mommasbabies77
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:51 AM
This is exactly why I don't babysit regularly. Now you have the potential of making your friend mad and everyone thinks you should keep doing it..I would quit too. Remember this the next time a perfect babysitting opportunity comes along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
touchingstars
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM
We are of no relation. And its only when I bring her. And if she in my area. Ill gladly give her the info. Homecooked meals, outside play, swimming time, they treat my dd like her own. If she gets a booboo and I forgot to.tell her she questions me about it. This woman is the best and I would.choice her over family anyday to watch my dd.

Quoting cdi:

Maybe she should send him to ur sitter :). But seriously you probably pay you sitter when ur kid is there or not or it is family or something.

Quoting touchingstars:

I pay my sitter 20 a day

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM
$2.50 an hour?? Yeah not worth it.
Babies are hard work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN