Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Peeing in the park??

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:58 AM
  • 71 Replies

Ok so the other day I was doing my usual 4 mile walk at the park and I noticed an older man with what am guessing is his grandchild, idk, it could be his son, but whatever, I had seen them there before. So I am there walking and after a while I noticed the older man with the child by a tree, now, I have seen them by the tree before, like other days before but I never really paid attention to what they were doing. This time I was walking by the damn tree and I see, the lil boy is standing infront of the tree holding his wee wee and peeing on the tree, with this man right next to him...... and I was like WTF? Now I know there are emergencies, especially when you have young kids... but this is not the first time that I have seen this man and the child doing this I realized .... and I was confused, I would never ever, unless it was an emidiate emergency allow my son to pull himself out and pee in public, that is just me, but I have seen this before, my DH and I were at the beach once with his counsins and there was a lil boy about 4 that needed to go and he just pulled it out and went on the sand, I had the same reaction then... but understood because we were on the beach and there was no bathroom... but he could have gone behind a damn bush... but no.

And am wondering, is that normal? I am Cuban, and sometimes mothers see nothing wrong with this,... but I do and I was wondering if you guys think its normal, or ok, or just plain wrong.

"Don't underestimate persons with autism, try to understand"

http://ariasautism-livingwithautism.blogspot.com/

by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure the tree didn't mind.

mommasbabies77
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I about peed my own pants...lmao kk

Quoting alwayskk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM

LOL am sure it didn't.

Quoting alwayskk:

Livinwith3boys
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:01 AM
4 moms liked this

What does being Cuban have to do with this post at all?? I guess I don't even get why that was mentioned...I would never in a million years allow my son to urinate in public, it is beyond disgusting....

andersongirl562
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I let my boys pee on a tree if they can't hold it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on May. 4, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't bother me at all as long as they're not flashing their wiener bits to passers by. I've let my son pee on a bush when we're at the park and he couldn't hold it until we got home.

christina0607
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

My sons are 6 and 8...they have never peed in a public place. They are civilized humans who pee in toilets.

I hate people who think the world is their toilet.

Cubanmom84
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Different cultures hun, in my culture they don't see it as a big deal, I wanted to see if it from a different kind of view.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

What does being Cuban have to do with this post at all?? I guess I don't even get why that was mentioned...I would never in a million years allow my son to urinate in public, it is beyond disgusting....

Livinwith3boys
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM

What does Culture have to do with anything...If you live in the united states, you used a toilet...that is just the way things are....I mean, you don't see women from Africa coming over here walking around naked because that is what they do in their culture right??? SMH...

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Different cultures hun, in my culture they don't see it as a big deal, I wanted to see if it from a different kind of view.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

peanutsmommy1
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I have let my son do it, sometimes the bathrooms at our parks are locked and it is too far home to hold it.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)