Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Christians Who Feel Persecuted In America...

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 64 Replies
8 moms liked this

...are like millionaires who feel poor because they are no longer billionaires.

America is filled with laws and customs steeped in Christian tradition.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rgba
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
You can call a Christmas tree a "holiday tree" at the Capitol, but we still know what it is.

(For the record, I quite enjoy Christmas trees, so the little hypocrite in me doesn't care...)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  I think too many Christians throw around the word persecuted when the reality is, we can't even imagine what's it like to REALLY be truly persecuted for our faith.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

BUMP!

TugBoatMama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM
5 moms liked this
Its an annoyance. Persecuted people usually have to worry about whether or not they will live to see the sun rise tomorrow because of their beliefs. That just isn't the case here. Just people getting butt hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angel.Eyes.
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

*All smiles*

✞†✞ Blessed ✞†✞

chalisa0
by Kim on May. 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Persecuted?  I personally, have never heard any Christians use that word.  Bashed, put-down, derided, heckled, sneered, scorned, mocked, scoffed-YES. 

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting chalisa0:

Persecuted?  I personally, have never heard any Christians use that word.  Bashed, put-down, derided, heckled, sneered, scorned, mocked, scoffed-YES. 

I've never heard it IRL, but I've heard it on here several times. It always makes me smh.

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Quoting rgba:

You can call a Christmas tree a "holiday tree" at the Capitol, but we still know what it is.

(For the record, I quite enjoy Christmas trees, so the little hypocrite in me doesn't care...)

There's nothing Christian about a Christmas tree. It is a pre-Christian Germanic tradition. The bible actually forbids the cutting of a tree and adorning it.

alwayskk
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I have. I actually had quite the facebook debate with a pagan who insists that Christians in America are persecuted.

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I have heard christians say they are persecuted . But I don't believe they are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)