Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Christians Who Feel Persecuted In America...

Posted by   + Show Post

...are like millionaires who feel poor because they are no longer billionaires.

America is filled with laws and customs steeped in Christian tradition.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

ROFLMAO.... Did you know that the "Christmas" tree didn't even exist outside of Germanic customs until the mid 1800's when Prince Albert introduced it to England? It was then introduced to the US not as any religious symbol but because animosity over the revolutionary war was waining and many Americans were longing for "the mother country".

An evergreen tree has been used to celebrate Yule and other non-Christian midwinter holy days for thousands of years. Christians outside of those who were carry on their Germanic cultural traditions have only had the "Christmas tree" for less than 200 years. Why does it bother you so much that non-Christians are refusing to let the Christians  monopolize something that didn't originate in Christianity and in fact violates their Bible?

Quoting rgba:

Um...yes. It's not exactly a secret. Up until a few years ago, they were CALLED Christmas trees, and Christmas decorations. Now the exact same decorations and trees are called Holiday trees.
Not sure why that bothers you?

As for your second question...I don't know. You'll have to ask a Christian, and/or someone who opposes gay marriage.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

Indeed, at one time they were not Christian. But there is no question that trees decorated in the hallways of our government buildings in December nowadays are intended to represent Christmas.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

You can call a Christmas tree a "holiday tree" at the Capitol, but we still know what it is.

(For the record, I quite enjoy Christmas trees, so the little hypocrite in me doesn't care...)

There's nothing Christian about a Christmas tree. It is a pre-Christian Germanic tradition. The bible actually forbids the cutting of a tree and adorning it.

So you claim to be a mind reader and know the intent of those who place a holiday tree? RIGHT......Thanks for the laugh. So why is it OK for Christians to ignore Jeremiah 10 yet they insist that the US should have laws against thigns such as gay marriage?

rgba
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM
It doesn't bother me. I'm not even a Christian.
The only thing that "bothers" me is how upset (and frankly, condescending) you are when I am pretty sure you are failing to understand the whole point of my post.
Why don't you back up a few replies, read my response to KK, then tell me if you are still so wound up.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

ROFLMAO.... Did you know that the "Christmas" tree didn't even exist outside of Germanic customs until the mid 1800's when Prince Albert introduced it to England? It was then introduced to the US not as any religious symbol but because animosity over the revolutionary war was waining and many Americans were longing for "the mother country".

An evergreen tree has been used to celebrate Yule and other non-Christian midwinter holy days for thousands of years. Christians outside of those who were carry on their Germanic cultural traditions have only had the "Christmas tree" for less than 200 years. Why does it bother you so much that non-Christians are refusing to let the Christians  monopolize something that didn't originate in Christianity and in fact violates their Bible?

Quoting rgba:

Um...yes. It's not exactly a secret. Up until a few years ago, they were CALLED Christmas trees, and Christmas decorations. Now the exact same decorations and trees are called Holiday trees.

As for your second question...I don't know. You'll have to ask a Christian, and/or someone who opposes gay marriage.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

Indeed, at one time they were not Christian. But there is no question that trees decorated in the hallways of our government buildings in December nowadays are intended to represent Christmas.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

You can call a Christmas tree a "holiday tree" at the Capitol, but we still know what it is.

(For the record, I quite enjoy Christmas trees, so the little hypocrite in me doesn't care...)

There's nothing Christian about a Christmas tree. It is a pre-Christian Germanic tradition. The bible actually forbids the cutting of a tree and adorning it.

So you claim to be a mind reader and know the intent of those who place a holiday tree? RIGHT......Thanks for the laugh. So why is it OK for Christians to ignore Jeremiah 10 yet they insist that the US should have laws against thigns such as gay marriage?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I think the only thing that bothers me is constantly having people complain about my faith. I practice my faith in peace and every day someone else is telling me I am wrong.  I think ya'll need to drop the fight.  I don't care what you believe. Leave my faith alone.

randomosityblog
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM

So true.

LoriLou75
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

no, I meant Chostian, it is a jesus loving shell fish...I think.. LMAO!

Quoting Mackenzie40:

Quoting LoriLou75:

Any Chrostian who says they feel persecuted should spend a month as a Muslim or an Atheist. I don't think any belief is more persected in this country than those two. Actually, I think Pagans and Wiccans have it rough also....

bravo !!

( you did mean christian ...right? lol ) 

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I thought the Christmas tree debate would be over by now.  :(

snowpeasmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
There have been christain groups accused of being cults and have been thrown in prision, had their children taken from them etc. This was 50 years ago but it still happen in Christian America...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I'm not upset or wound up. I am just correcting misinformation.

Quoting rgba:

The only thing that "bothers" me is how upset (and frankly, condescending) you are when I am pretty sure you are failing to understand the whole point of my post.
Why don't you back up a few replies, read my response to KK, then tell me if you are still so wound up.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

rgba
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
But you didn't correct misinformation. You simply failed to understand my post.

So there was no reason for you to go on and on, no reason for you to be condescending, no reason for you to mock me, etc etc etc.

I don't particularly care that you did, I am just surprised that you seem to care so much, when it actually sounds like we are on the same side.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I'm not upset or wound up. I am just correcting misinformation.

Quoting rgba:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting rgba:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bry36
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I do think that it can happen and does but most of the time you hear abouti t is because of the extremest and looneys like the ones that say  we believe in God and so we think the worlds going to end tomorrow .Unfortuanlty there are alot of even maybe more so who think they understand the word but make headlines because of thier twisted interpatations of it ,Instead of the deepest route basis for the BIble Love ,Mercy , Forgiveness. I know for one I was a little shocked with all the drama about Kirk Camerons statement about gays and I love my gays LOL I like him have plenty of gay friends and they know that I love them and would do anything to contuine to have there deepest friendship in my life but do believe its a sin however I sin as well and hope they love me just the same because  we all sin and I am no better then they are by any means  a sin is a sin in Gods eyes and of that we are all guilty and I Love God read the bible but need to repet my sins everyday and my sins are no bigger or smaller than anyones  and I have to  work on myself before I will judge anyone else. I can love and pray for my dear friends I hate sin not people and am lucky enough to have friends who really get that about me personally I would have been shocked if Kirk had said anything different because hes been a well know christian activist for many many yrs yet his views were persecuted should he have said them differently yes!! I think so and on the huge scale he did ya that was too much and to a different audiance with also a message of love and respect thy nieghbor def !!!but his views were def persecuted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN