Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I stole a bag of Russet Potatoes

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

I didn't mean to. I put them in the bottom of my stroller and totally forgot to take them out to be scanned at the register. My son looked at me and said, really loudly in the parking lot, "MOM! You just stole from the store!!! " I was like, shhhhhh.

I did go back in and pay for them.

Damn potatoes.

Someone needs to invent a better basket for the bottom of strollers because mine is kind of small to begin with and once you put something down there, it is forgotten about.

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
makelineerror
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Part of the cashier's job is to check the bottom of the basket. People forget (and "forget") they put things down there all the time.

Also, shame on you, potato thief.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Well you have not gone back so they should have at least given you a discount for being honest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan262
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

We walked out with a 12 pack of beer one time.  It was on the bottom of the shopping cart.  I had put it down there with the scan bar towards the clerk so they could just take their gun and point at it and get the price.  Well, they didn't do that.  We didn't even know till we checked our receipt.  When we went back there the next time we went to customer service and talked with them about it and they said no they don't do that and we would have to lift the item upon to the counter, and they wouldn't let us pay for it then.  So after that we always put it up on the counter instead of leaving it on cart.

DBKels
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I walked out once with water. A 12 pack. I didn't go back to pay. :0
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN