Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question for mom's on here who don't have custody? *May offend*

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM
  • 210 Replies

I don't understand how that happens?  How did dad get full custody?  I can see parents having 50/50 custody but i can't imagine my ex getting full custody.  As a parent my life would end of my ex got full custody of my son.

VTE survivor!!                                                                                                                                                         If you've had a DVT, PE, VTE, or blood clot of any kind and need support contact me.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yezay
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Bump

yezay
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

bump

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I can't imagine not having my children either. But I'm sure there are some Moms (and/or dads )  who don't have custody who aren't complete losers. Maybe , the ex and his family had more money for better attorneys etc , who knows. But then again I also think most Dads who have zero custody are probably losers also..

singlemom1208
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Bump for answers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristaB
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
My ex had full custody of his 2 kids. Then lost it. So did his ex wife.

She GAVE him custody when they divorced.

I believe custody goes to the parent who *typically* is better able to support their child and has a stable income and housing.

Here's a bump. I have custody of mine and would fight to the death to keep them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM
8 moms liked this

Maybe they thought the kid's best interest is with the father?

mvbullock
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a male friend who has full custody of his 4 yo DD, The mom decided she didn't want to be married anymore. She took the child back to her home state without telling her husband (dad). He filed a lawsuit saying she kidnapped DD. I don't know the whole story but the way it seems she just doesn't want the girl. She didn't fight back to keep the child. She also has a son & another dd on the way that she has custody of because they are not my male friend's children. The mom hasn't seen her DD in at least 2 yrs but she does speak to her on the phone from time to time. Not all moms care or have the right emotions to handle being a mom. Some people are just not able to handle parenthood.

I know there is no way I could ever give up custody of my children to DH, my parents, anybody. No matter how hard it is being a mom I just could not handle being apart from my babies.

Robe739IsBack
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not currently in that postition, but everyone's story is different.

I don't foresee my DH & I divorcing in our future. HOWEVER, if we did, I wouldn't hesitate to give him main custody of my oldest. She is approaching the teen years & has absolutely no respect for me. My DH could control her poor behavior much better than I ever could. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on May. 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM
11 moms liked this

Sometimes the father is the better parent.. Who re you or anyone else to judge? if a man can be a part time father and do a good job why cant a woman?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)