Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll: Working Mom no PA, SAHM w/out PA, SAHM with PA, working mom with PA

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: I think this forum has quite a few moms on PA, which tends to skew other polls. So my question is:

Options:

Are you a working mom with no PA?

Are you a working mom with PA?

Are you a SAHM with no PA?

Are you a SAHM with PA?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 273

View Results

I think this forum has quite a few moms on PA, which tends to skew other polls.

So my question is:

Are you a working mom with no PA?

Are you a SAHM with no PA?

Are you a SAHM with PA?

Are you a working mom with PA?

EDIT:  PA means ANY form of government assistance: Food stamps, free housing, SNAP cards, WIC, governmental health care (Medicaid, CHIP), etc.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (121-126):
TugBoatMama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Sahm no pa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2theboy1994
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I am a housewife.

We do not receive assistance. We do not need assistance.

bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Those are benefits from a job and military members work for them.. government pay is no where near the same thing as welfare. He's providing for his family and makes enough to support them. That can't be said for a civilian mom using welfare to stay home if her DH doesn't make enough to provide.

Quoting xxlilmomma09:

I'm fully aware of the costs of the benefits we receive as a military family. I wasn't attempting to start a debate about said benefits, lol. Thanks for your opinions though :)

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Ehh I'm going to disagree.... we don't have "free" anything. Housing allowance isn't "free" its on par with with the service member would be making in civilian job. And the insurance isn't "free" either. That is also taken in to account... just imagine if all of the service members had to physically write out a check for insurance every month.... many wouldn't pay it, or it would laps. Because of the nature of the job, its taken in to account.

Quoting xxlilmomma09:

No PA - but you mentioned government healthcare in your original posting, lol. We are an Army family and have free housing and insurance from the government.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I stay at home and we got FS for 4 months when DH got laid off in Nov Until he found a new job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabooka78
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

stay at home mom on food stamps, and medicaid, hubs is on disability too oh yea and we are on HUD VASH,

mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Sahm with no PA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)