Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm physically sick to my stomach--update

Posted by   + Show Post
Shit just got real.
He is going to file for full custody and ask that I only have supervised visitation. He said he'll be using my mental hospitalization to his full advantage. My attorney said he very well may be awarded but she's going to help me fight it.

I've got movers coming tomorrow to pack, and I'll be moving tomorrow.

I'm excited to start a new, healthy, stable life but it's still going to get so much worse.

I went to my attorney today to proceed with the divorce.

Things got UGLY yesterday when him and I spoke. He said a lot of hurtful things to me.

Then today it continued and got 1,0000000x worse.

I can't stop crying. I feel like I'm going to get sick.

I just need some e-love because my heart hurts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Replies (61-70):
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM

If your attorney knows all of this I suggest you get a new attorney.

With all of this I can not believe an attorney would say that it would be likely for him to get custody.

Where were the kids while you were in the hospital? Before admitting yourself did you make sure they'd be taken care of?  The main thing I'd be worried about w/that situation is that him & his attorney would try to get you on abandonment.

However, you need an attorney that will actually fight & I'd be a bit worried they aren't going to fight real hard at this point.  Sorry.

Quoting BeAmour:

Ooohhhh yes I have proof. He stole my parents credit card and charged over $2,000 on it and it's stuff only he would be buying. Mom has ALL the records. We don't want to bring that out just yet unless need be because he'll be going to jail because it's a felony due to the amount.

No, I've never had any witnesses. He always played the good husband roll around people.

I was in the hospital due to the abuse and depression. I delt with it by cutting. I cut so much that it became an addiction. He, however, was not around 99% of the time and never saw my cuts for 4 months.

I was at a very, very bad place in my life due to him and I'm the one who realized the problem and that I absolutely NEEDED help. I voluntarily checked myself into the ER. I was in for 12 days and was treated. Not once did he come see me, bring me clothes (had to stay in the clothes I had on when I was walked in for 12 days). He refused to come get me when I was discharged and had to get a taxi home. He didn't come home and check on me for over 24 hrs. I found inappropriate pics on FB of him and a girl who was staying at my house, having wine, sleeping in my bed WHILE I WAS ADMITTED!!!

I had a job, I just quit today because of me moving tomorrow and I plan immediately at looking for a job. I'll be living with my parents for a while and then they are going to buy me a house. I'll be going back to school to finish my degree.

Quoting CABZS:

Do you have proof of him stealing from your parents?

I know emotional and verbal abuse is hard to prove but do you have any proof, witnesses, did you document anything?

If you don't mind, why did you have a mental stay in the hospital? Mentally are you better now & drs will say so?

Do you have money, a job to support the children?

Not trying to be nosey, I just know how hard custody can be.

Quoting BeAmour:

I am toughing it out but it still hurts.

I've done nothing to deserve a divorce!

I'M the one filing divorce to a husband is who a habitual cheater, liar, emotionally and verbally abusive. Not to mention a thief, stealing $2k from my parents and also stole $300 from his own sons piggie bank....

Yeah, because I did something.

Just because I'm the one filing doesn't make it hurt any less.

Quoting sweetykitty:

Put your big girl unddies on tough it out. What did you do to deserve the divorce?

Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:52 AM

WOAH!!  I'm so, so sorry.  What a total piece of shit!! 

Did you keep the inappropriate pictures you found?  I would use those against him!  Hopefully you can prove that it was his douchebaggery that contributed to your hospital stay.

Quoting BeAmour:

Ooohhhh yes I have proof. He stole my parents credit card and charged over $2,000 on it and it's stuff only he would be buying. Mom has ALL the records. We don't want to bring that out just yet unless need be because he'll be going to jail because it's a felony due to the amount.

No, I've never had any witnesses. He always played the good husband roll around people.

I was in the hospital due to the abuse and depression. I delt with it by cutting. I cut so much that it became an addiction. He, however, was not around 99% of the time and never saw my cuts for 4 months.

I was at a very, very bad place in my life due to him and I'm the one who realized the problem and that I absolutely NEEDED help. I voluntarily checked myself into the ER. I was in for 12 days and was treated. Not once did he come see me, bring me clothes (had to stay in the clothes I had on when I was walked in for 12 days). He refused to come get me when I was discharged and had to get a taxi home. He didn't come home and check on me for over 24 hrs. I found inappropriate pics on FB of him and a girl who was staying at my house, having wine, sleeping in my bed WHILE I WAS ADMITTED!!!

I had a job, I just quit today because of me moving tomorrow and I plan immediately at looking for a job. I'll be living with my parents for a while and then they are going to buy me a house. I'll be going back to school to finish my degree.

Quoting CABZS:

I know emotional and verbal abuse is hard to prove but do you have any proof, witnesses, did you document anything?

If you don't mind, why did you have a mental stay in the hospital? Mentally are you better now & drs will say so?

Quoting BeAmour:

I'M the one filing divorce to a husband is who a habitual cheater, liar, emotionally and verbally abusive. Not to mention a thief, stealing $2k from my parents and also stole $300 from his own sons piggie bank....

Quoting sweetykitty:

Put your big girl unddies on tough it out. What did you do to deserve the divorce?

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 5, 2012 at 1:53 AM

From what I've gleaned from the post, this man won't have a standing chance at custody.  The fact that you took it upon yourself to get treatment speaks volumes.  Of course, all it takes is some archaic ass backwards judge to agree with this douchewaffle, but it's highly unlikely.  He'd have to prove you were unfit and a threat to your child.  You were not.  And if you can get documentation from your stay, showing that this twat was the source of some of the issues, this man will crash and fucking burn in a courtroom.

(((hugs)))  Best of luck to you!  Keep your chin up and head high.  Let this bastard know you will become a force to be reckoned with!

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 5, 2012 at 1:55 AM

And def get a new attorney.  The man is an idiot if he's telling you that this ass hat could get custody based off a hospital stay, especially given the circumstances surrounding it.

ChelleBoo23
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:55 AM

im sorry feel better hugs 

wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:56 AM

hugs

im sorry doll!!! keep ur head up all will work out in the end xox

BeAmour
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:43 AM
No, no she doesn't know all of that.

We haven't gotten there yet.

I sent my son to live with my parents. The day I admitted myself, I waited for my mom to drive up from Florida and com get him. He's been living with her since. He can't do abandonment because that'll just fall right back on him.

Quoting CABZS:

With all of this I can not believe an attorney would say that it would be likely for him to get custody.

Where were the kids while you were in the hospital? Before admitting yourself did you make sure they'd be taken care of?  The main thing I'd be worried about w/that situation is that him & his attorney would try to get you on abandonment.

However, you need an attorney that will actually fight & I'd be a bit worried they aren't going to fight real hard at this point.  Sorry.

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting sweetykitty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Ooohh yes. I have all the proof of him cheating times before this, the pics are saved to my moms computer.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

WOAH!!  I'm so, so sorry.  What a total piece of shit!! 

Did you keep the inappropriate pictures you found?  I would use those against him!  Hopefully you can prove that it was his douchebaggery that contributed to your hospital stay.

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting sweetykitty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Oh I agree!!!

My mom and I are thinking of filing for a TOP just for safe measures.

Quoting randi1978:

From what I've gleaned from the post, this man won't have a standing chance at custody.  The fact that you took it upon yourself to get treatment speaks volumes.  Of course, all it takes is some archaic ass backwards judge to agree with this douchewaffle, but it's highly unlikely.  He'd have to prove you were unfit and a threat to your child.  You were not.  And if you can get documentation from your stay, showing that this twat was the source of some of the issues, this man will crash and fucking burn in a courtroom.

(((hugs)))  Best of luck to you!  Keep your chin up and head high.  Let this bastard know you will become a force to be reckoned with!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:47 AM

So he hasn't been taking care of his kids but wants to take full custody?

You really need to fill your attorney in on everything, I'm surprised it wasn't the first thing done.

Quoting BeAmour:

No, no she doesn't know all of that.

We haven't gotten there yet.

I sent my son to live with my parents. The day I admitted myself, I waited for my mom to drive up from Florida and com get him. He's been living with her since. He can't do abandonment because that'll just fall right back on him.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting sweetykitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)