Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

FYI: Fruit & Children: Moderation

Posted by   + Show Post

FYI: Welch’s 100% "No Sugar Added" Grape Juice has MORE sugar (fructose) than a 12 ounce can of soda! Not to mention that grapes are one of the most pesticide-filled fruits.

Fructose is very damaging to growing children and it interferes with the formation of collagen.

Sally Fallon NOURISHING TRADITIONS: “There is as much sugar in a small glass of orange juice as there is in a candy bar – and most of it fructose, which is more harmful than the sucrose of sugar. Consumption of apple juice has been linked to failure to thrive in infants. Excessive consumption of fruit juice upsets the acid-alkaline balance of the body. Even consumption of veggie juice can cause this imbalance. Even over consumption of fruit can cause severe mineral deficiencies.”

Fruit should be consumed in moderation. The earlier you introduce fruit to children, the earlier a sweet tooth develops.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Replies (11-15):
LntLckrsCmQut
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

We juice our own fruits and veggies and I firmly believe that juicing, along with eating whole fruits or veggies, has tons of benefits. The juice that they are talking about in the op, is store bought juice which I can agree with. When you drink store bought juice, you are essentially drinking sugar. We don't go over board with fruit, but I do make sure that my kids have at least 4 small servings a day(along with one small cup of fresh juice).

Also.... There is a big difference between natural sugar found in fruit, than processed sugar, found in soda and candy bars.

cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Also if your kids eat a whole watermelon in a day they will all have the shits yup yup!

And if they eat a lot of cheese, they'll be plugged up.

"A Person's a person, no matter how small." -Dr Seuss

southern.momof2
by Mel on May. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I am a firm believer of "everything in moderation"

Mychele
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Right ?!?!?! Nothing is good
For you.

Quoting embersparkle:

Lol well crap....now fruit is bad for us. Holy shit people....make up your minds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM
That too my kids love watermelon I have to make sure they don't eat the whole thing at once they will get into the fridge and grab a piece and before I know it the whole thing is gone!

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Also if your kids eat a whole watermelon in a day they will all have the shits yup yup!

And if they eat a lot of cheese, they'll be plugged up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)