Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

watching over someone else's kids??

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so my MIL is spending a week with my DH aunt, the aunt has two grown ass kids, one is 15 and the other one is 17, the aunt is very particular, she doesn't like to leave her kids alone without adult supervision.. whatever... to each their own...  also just recently arrived another of my DH causins from Guatemala, with a young I think 12 year old child. My MIL shows up today without letting me know of course, with the two teenagers and the 12 year old. She starts talking to the oldest one she is 17 about going somewhere to apply... and am thinking she better not think that she is going to leave the other kids with me... I know the woman like the back of my hand, on her way out, she is like OH can you have the boys here while I go out, I laughed and I answered sarcastically, "yeah"... she got the hint and left with all the kids.

They like to use my MIL a lot, to go places and to take care of the kids, obviously the cousins that came from Guatemala are doing the same because they left the 12 year old with her also. It pisses me off, that they left this kids to her and she wants to dumped them on me. I don't know the cousin's well enough, that 12 year old doesn't know me at ALL for you to leave the kid with me!! what if something happens? they are going to be under my responsibility just because you wanted to dumped them off on me?! no, am not a babysitter and I have an Autistic sick child to watch and you want me to also take over your responsibility? no sorry. 

Note: I wouldn't have minded if she would have called me before hand and told me what she was planning to do, i would have done it, but she didn't, she expected me to watch them, she was soooo sure that I would say yes that she did it on her way out.... and of course am going to be the bitch of the week... anyways am i over reacting??

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Ugh that sounds so frustrating!

cLanief
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Nope. No overreacting. If she wanted to pawn em off she should have just left them home. They're old enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reesesami
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
You are not overreacting. I would be just as upset as you are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Wait the 15&17 yo needs a sitter?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjxo1988
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Heck to the no you're not overreacting! I'd be bitch of the week gladly if it meant not spending an awkward day with a bunch of teens I didn't even know. They have parents, those parents need to be more responsible! & If they don't want their kids left alone, they should stay with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Eh because the mother of the kids doesn't allow them to be left alone, cook, go out by themselves especially the girl who is the oldest... the mom is over protective to say the least.

Quoting alreadydidthis:

alreadydidthis
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM
The 17 yo is almost an adult! Smh

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Eh because the mother of the kids doesn't allow them to be left alone, cook, go out by themselves especially the girl who is the oldest... the mom is over protective to say the least.

Quoting alreadydidthis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I know, the sad thing is that the one who pays the bills and translate for mom and dad is the 17 year old sense mom and dad never bothered to learn english, so in one hand they depend enough on her as an adult but in the other they still treat her like a child. Her younger brother who is 15 is allowed to have a girl friend but she is not allowed to date...

Quoting alreadydidthis:

The 17 yo is almost an adult! Smh

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Quoting alreadydidthis:

TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohhh jeez!!! I had my oldest at 17 :-x
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)