Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP!!!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm so frustrated. Ds has been potty trained since 2 1/2 yrs both pee and poop. A few months ago he all of a sudden refuses to poop on the potty. I'm at a lost on what to do. he REFUSES to even try. I think we've gotten 2 successes within the last couple months And just goes right back to accidents. He will stop playing for pee break but I could be asking hi. If he needs to go poop and he will be telling me no as he goes in his pants. He will be 4 next month. Rewards don't work, discussing why he's doing it isn't working, not going fun places isn't working.
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jnc91
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

BUMP!

kcook55
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt call them accients since he was using the toliet before and not is refusing. I would ask him why he dont want to go poop anymore there could be a reason why. I would also make him clean up after himself after he poops his pants

Jnc91
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Quoting kcook55:

I wouldnt call them accients since he was using the toliet before and not is refusing. I would ask him why he dont want to go poop anymore there could be a reason why. I would also make him clean up after himself after he poops his pants

He won't tell me. And he does help clean up. He seems embarrassed occasionally when it happens.
kcook55
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Quoting Jnc91:

Quoting kcook55:

He won't tell me. And he does help clean up. He seems embarrassed occasionally when it happens.

Is he constipated? did he fall off the toilet or anyone scare him about going potty? I would go back to square 1 and re potty train him. and i would just take him to the bathroom when ever he usually has to go poop

sweetykitty
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Bribery might work or make a sticker chart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jnc91
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Quoting kcook55:

Not constipated. I keep giving him pear juice to Prevent it since he's holding it and poopikg lil bits at a time. Yesterday he had a good poop on the toilet in public of all plces but 2 accidents today at home. And nothing happened with me at least. His dads an idiot so who knows. Especially since he likes to drop him off with random neighbors during his visits.
carriebarrie
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Ugh...I just had a whole post full of info for you, and just lost it...grrr. Anyway, I had the exact same problem with my son...only he was a bit older. Came to find out that he had been constipated and it was so bad that his colon was stretched, so he had no feeling at all when he had to go. They diagnosed him with Encopresis...which is where he was constipated, but sometimes...out of his control...some stool would go around the constipation and thats when he had the accidents.

How we treated it was to put miralax in juice before bed (it adds water into the bowels, and we basically retrained him while his bowels were shrinking back to their normal size...took a few months. We put a calendar in the bathroom by the toilet..and I would make him sit on the toilet every few hours for five minutes or so. We did this faithfully for a few weeks. When he pooped on the toilet, we put a sticker on the calendar. If he earned 3 stickers or more at the end of the week, we did something special with him. For example, I would take him out to ice cream, or maybe to a dollar movie. Just something for him to look forward to and something to strive towards to go poop and get his stickers. Within a few months, guess what? The feeling of having to poop came back, and no more accidents. :) I hope I don't sound like a know it all, but sometimes kids can be constipated, and the parents can be clueless...like i was. Anyway, sorry for the long post, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me. Good luck... :)

Jnc91
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Quoting carriebarrie:

Ugh...I just had a whole post full of info for you, and just lost it...grrr. Anyway, I had the exact same problem with my son...only he was a bit older. Came to find out that he had been constipated and it was so bad that his colon was stretched, so he had no feeling at all when he had to go. They diagnosed him with Encopresis...which is where he was constipated, but sometimes...out of his control...some stool would go around the constipation and thats when he had the accidents.

How we treated it was to put miralax in juice before bed (it adds water into the bowels, and we basically retrained him while his bowels were shrinking back to their normal size...took a few months. We put a calendar in the bathroom by the toilet..and I would make him sit on the toilet every few hours for five minutes or so. We did this faithfully for a few weeks. When he pooped on the toilet, we put a sticker on the calendar. If he earned 3 stickers or more at the end of the week, we did something special with him. For example, I would take him out to ice cream, or maybe to a dollar movie. Just something for him to look forward to and something to strive towards to go poop and get his stickers. Within a few months, guess what? The feeling of having to poop came back, and no more accidents. :) I hope I don't sound like a know it all, but sometimes kids can be constipated, and the parents can be clueless...like i was. Anyway, sorry for the long post, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me. Good luck... :)

thanks. should i have the dr check him out or just start miralax?

TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Is he constipated a lot?  Did he have a 'hard poop' right before this started?
IOf he was fully-trained amnd this suddenly started and has been going on for months....I'd take him to the doctor to make sure he doesn't have tummy or intestinal issues. 

Jnc91
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Quoting TableforSeven:

Is he constipated a lot?  Did he have a 'hard poop' right before this started?IOf he was fully-trained amnd this suddenly started and has been going on for months....I'd take him to the doctor to make sure he doesn't have tummy or intestinal issues. 

It actually started after the flu which he had diareaha for a week. And he had 90% rate of success of making it to the toilet go figure. And no hard poop currently
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)