Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You would think..................

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

My damn allergies have led to a sinus infection. I have been sick for over a week.  Very tired and when the kids are in school I take a nap.  I cannot breath through my nose and have started coughing. Now I know I need to go to the doctor.  But can't afford it till next week and I am not wasting the ER's time with a sinus infection.

My beef is, I can't bend over with getting very light headed.  Yet no one in this house will help me clean.  I am coughing and holding onto the counter as I do dishes. I am fighting for balance as I unload the dryer.  The livingroom looks like a tornado came through. My husband went to bed. He's tired. I have to go get our daughter from school and do our son's therapy.  My 16 yr old stepson left to hang out with friends.  

Am I being stupid?  Is it wrong to want them to help?  Or should I just suck it up and try not to pass out?  Go ahead and bash. I have not been bashed yet today.

Loving mother of 3, stepmom, Autism Advocate, Vaccinating, Pro-Choice, Christian, Loving wife, volunteer, yoga loving, spank when needed, open minded, created for a purpose!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
outtamymynd
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Mine pick up a little more slack when I'm sick. I don't see anything wrong with it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM

thanks. just wondered if I was expecting too much

Quoting outtamymynd:

Mine pick up a little more slack when I'm sick. I don't see anything wrong with it!

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on May. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

have you said something to them? I mean some people dont get it...If you need or want help ask them or tell them what they need to do!

mommy_froggie
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM
I suffer from chronic sinus infections. I know how you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM
ive been sick since Tuesday... If there were capable hands in my house they would be picking up the slack while I slept and got better. Time to tell your fam to vag-up and do shit to help get you better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM

When I'm sick or really busy - everyone else starts picking up the slack here.  But - on the few occasions when it didn't occur to anyone to start helping when I was obviously not feeling well I found the perfect solution - I say "hey guys....I'm not feeling well - help out".....works every time.

KristinawithaK
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM

um, no.  that's not too much to ask.  in all honesty, they should already be helping out.  unfortunately, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so these things will not come easy.  it took years in the making, it's going to take years to fix.  and persistence.

too bad you can't go to mexico, they have antibiotics over the counter.

kansasmom1978
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I have said something several times. I nearly fell over doing dishes. And my husband said I needed to pull a chair up to sit on. WTF! I aske him to go get our daughter, and he said he was tired so he went to bed. He's still asleep. I now have to figure out supper, and do more laundry.  I just want to crawl into bed. But I can't. Because I am a mom and I am not allowed to be sick. (pls not the sarcasm.)

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

have you said something to them? I mean some people dont get it...If you need or want help ask them or tell them what they need to do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)