Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

In need of advice..... Relationship related

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 70 Replies
In February this year, my fiancé and I split up after almost 3 years together. We have 2 children together and when our second child, Tyler, was just 10 days old back in September, my fiancé, Aron, slept with another girl. When I found out in February I broke off our relationship and kicked him out. He is in a new relationship and we only ever talk when arranging his days to have our daughter and son.

Recently, I have been in contact with the guy I was with before Aron. We've become really close again and he's told me he regrets ever having let me to and how he wishes he could correct it all. I feel like I'm falling for him again - but I wander if it's just that he's there for me and I've interpretated his signals wrongly.

My question is, do you think it's too soon for me to consider a new relationship? Should I tell him how I'm feeling? Do you think in treading in dangerous territory?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkey6987
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM
It all depends on you. I just got out of a rebound relationship, and even while I was in it, I was recognizing signs in myself that I wasn't ready. Tread lightly. My heart is completely shattered over something I could have prevented, and this time, it's 100% my fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetykitty
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Go for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatashaOlivia
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM
That's what I'm worried about :/

Quoting Sparkey6987:

It all depends on you. I just got out of a rebound relationship, and even while I was in it, I was recognizing signs in myself that I wasn't ready. Tread lightly. My heart is completely shattered over something I could have prevented, and this time, it's 100% my fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Nichole on May. 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Only you know whether or not you're ready. But with that said, ex's are ex's for a reason and people don't usually just change. In other words, don't get played.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Personally, I think when a person gets out of a long term relationship it is necessary to take the time to recover from the loss and find yourself again. It is very easy to jump into a new relationship verses taking the time to heal a broken heart. I would advice you take things very slowly especially when there are children involved. Good luck.

NatashaOlivia
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM
We ended on good terms. We'd split because he had to spend 6 months away for work. In that time we list contact and I met the father of my kids. So I'm not worried about the 'has he changed' thing but I understand what you're saying

Quoting hautemama83:

Only you know whether or not you're ready. But with that said, ex's are ex's for a reason and people don't usually just change. In other words, don't get played.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatashaOlivia
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I understand what you're saying. Thanks

Quoting PinkyPan:

Personally, I think when a person gets out of a long term relationship it is necessary to take the time to recover from the loss and find yourself again. It is very easy to jump into a new relationship verses taking the time to heal a broken heart. I would advice you take things very slowly especially when there are children involved. Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvCoopins
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Seeing as the reason you broke up with the guy before Aron is not something bad or something horrible he did to you... I say you only live once and you should give it another shot. Maybe this is a sign that he is the one you should be with...just take things slow and see where it goes... he's there for you and that's a very good thing =)

Sparkey6987
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Then stay worried. Make sure you take baby steps. The thing I wish I would have done is that. And only see him once a week, maybe twice a month. If he deserves you, he'll understand. Whatever he says is just noise...don't get caught up in that. Go by what he DOES, or doesn't do, and how it makes you feel.

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

That's what I'm worried about :/

Quoting Sparkey6987:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brlee1115
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Do what you feel in your heart. I did the same thing with my ex...the guy cheated and I foolishly took him back many times. I finally detached myself from the whole relationship.

Make sure you tell this guy that you have 2 children now since your relationship. You're a packaged deal. He needs to be sure he can take on those responsibilities before he commits himself to you.

I met my now husband and almost 11 years later, I don't have any regrets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)