Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

FINALLY i decided to put an end to domestic violence...vent *long* **UPDATE**

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
  • 49 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm 22 yrs old 2 kids ages 4 and 1.Long story short I met ex when I was 15yrs old he was 17yrs old.we began dating and due to our different race my family did not care for em.when I was 18 I decided to move in short after we found out I was pregnant and also that's when the guy I fell in love with became my abuser.I stayed out of love and also because I had not talked to my family in 2yrs.Finally after 3yrs living together I decided to leave,yet he would still mentally abuse me.last year I got pregnant again and had our son.Yesterday he came to my house and went crazy...even though he has a girlfriend he still wants control over me but I was done with that.he follow with pulling hair and punching me on my face,while holding my son.I got me and my son away and called police.I went to press charges and to get a restraining orde.while doing this I was terrified and couldn't believe I was there,I felt so ashmed for letting this happen for so long.But it was the day that I had to put a stop to it.now its the court I'm scared od....well seeing him there.I can already imagine him staring at me with a piercing stare.

**UPDATE**
First I would like to say thank you for all of you ladies support,I greatly appreciate it. Well I received my court date for the restraining order for the 15th.His mother called to ask about the kids and sneaked in the part that he wants me to call him to talk and that I shouldn't go to court because since he's in the military it will mess things up for him.I didn't call....but I'm still so scared to go to court. And I feel terrible because my son's 1st birthday is on the 17th and I have no plans since all of this came up.It's all I think about now.I really would like to know how the procedure of court will go.just to get an idea so I won't be so nervous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkyPan
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Hugs. I am proud of you. My exDH was also abusive and it took years for me to get the strength to go to court and get a restraining order and put his ass in jail. Please know that you are doing the right thing. Stay strong and I wish you peace.

glynch
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you stay strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetykitty
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah for you and the kiddos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM
2 moms liked this

stay strong- show your children how a strong & independent a woman can be! 

dancer
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! I have been there!

TAC89
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Thank you...even though I know it was the right thing I can't help this feeling of guilt :(

Quoting PinkyPan:

Hugs. I am proud of you. My exDH was also abusive and it took years for me to get the strength to go to court and get a restraining order and put his ass in jail. Please know that you are doing the right thing. Stay strong and I wish you peace.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
by going to court you will show him you are letting him control and abuse you anymore! you CAN do this! you have to! plus if he tries some custody crap with you, you will have this as proof. you are doing awesome! i am really proud of you and the way you put ur foot down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilydoyle
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I've been there! It took me 3 years to get out. Words of encouragement: when you know your abuser is going to be in court, arrive early, and ask the gaurd if he/she could keep an eye on your abuser while you're in the courtroom. Another thing, all courthouses have a section below that's just for people like him, so if your ex wants to be an idiot, he WILL go to jail immediately. Courthouses have ZERO patience for abusers. The hard thing will be visitation....You will want a strong, male friend to supervise...

Good luck! It will be hard, but you can do it. Please keep us updated!

Bozo75
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations for taking that huge step in leaving. It's such a scary thing, I know, but you are going to make your children so proud of you! I can promise you that the guilt will not last and honey, you don't have to even look at him if you don't want to. You and your children are safe now and you are doing the right thing for all of you. Trust me, had you stayed, he would've eventually gotten tired of abusing you and would have started with the kids. Stay strong girl and good luck in court. Don't back down mama!! ((HUGS))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marcyb24
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Proud of you! I was in a similar situation (maybe not quite to that extreme) but mentally you can only take so much. It's better for your children to not grow up in an environment like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)