Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

FINALLY i decided to put an end to domestic violence...vent *long* **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm 22 yrs old 2 kids ages 4 and 1.Long story short I met ex when I was 15yrs old he was 17yrs old.we began dating and due to our different race my family did not care for em.when I was 18 I decided to move in short after we found out I was pregnant and also that's when the guy I fell in love with became my abuser.I stayed out of love and also because I had not talked to my family in 2yrs.Finally after 3yrs living together I decided to leave,yet he would still mentally abuse me.last year I got pregnant again and had our son.Yesterday he came to my house and went crazy...even though he has a girlfriend he still wants control over me but I was done with that.he follow with pulling hair and punching me on my face,while holding my son.I got me and my son away and called police.I went to press charges and to get a restraining orde.while doing this I was terrified and couldn't believe I was there,I felt so ashmed for letting this happen for so long.But it was the day that I had to put a stop to it.now its the court I'm scared od....well seeing him there.I can already imagine him staring at me with a piercing stare.

**UPDATE**
First I would like to say thank you for all of you ladies support,I greatly appreciate it. Well I received my court date for the restraining order for the 15th.His mother called to ask about the kids and sneaked in the part that he wants me to call him to talk and that I shouldn't go to court because since he's in the military it will mess things up for him.I didn't call....but I'm still so scared to go to court. And I feel terrible because my son's 1st birthday is on the 17th and I have no plans since all of this came up.It's all I think about now.I really would like to know how the procedure of court will go.just to get an idea so I won't be so nervous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on May. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Stay strong and even though I don't know you personally, I can say I'm proud of you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I have to echo the other ladies here. It takes guts to do what you did. You should be proud of yourself for doing what is best for you and your children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Be strong honey. HE is the weak one, not you. You have to have the strength of the goddess to put up with what you did. HE is the one who needs to have control in order to survive, HE is the one who is so scared he needs to hurt others. Believe me on this. You will be fine. Good Luck, and Blessed Be. 

lilydoyle
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I was lucky enough to have someone direct me towards an organization called WEAVE,  which is Women Escaping A Violent Environment. They helped me to a safe shelter, fill out all the restraining order/custody documents, and gave me transportation to and from the courthouse. You should look for a similar place.

jendawgrox2004
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I'm glad you got away. I hope everything works out.

momtolittleones
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I'm so glad you and your children got out safely. My beautiful cousin was murdered January 17, 2011. She was beaten so badly her nose was off to the side, he ran over her with his truck from head to toe as he drove away and left her in the snow and below freezing temperatures to die. She left behind 3 young, beautiful daughters who miss her every single day.

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

Aspiemom0203
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Proud of you! Make sure you have a close friend or family member who knows everything and can be there for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Proud of you!!!(: stay strong for the babies momma, & since you're making big steps,reach out to your family & try to make things right,this is the time when you & your kids will need them the most *hugs* & don't feel guilty!! His ass deserves to be locked up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM
I'm sorry that that happened to you.

Quoting PinkyPan:

Hugs. I am proud of you. My exDH was also abusive and it took years for me to get the strength to go to court and get a restraining order and put his ass in jail. Please know that you are doing the right thing. Stay strong and I wish you peace.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM
peace love and happiness to you OP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN