Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

any moms out there?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM
  • 14 Replies

having a hard time with finding friends or making friends where you live? i feel like im the only one is struggling with this problem

by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyFlood
by Stacie on May. 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Somewhat. The friends that I do have, have kids much older or much younger than mine, aren't in relationships, have built in babysitters, or aren't maintaining a household.
It's hard for me to find new friends that can relate to my life now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Nope, me too! A lot of the moms around here are much older than I am and kinda uptight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Lol no. People in my area suck. They are all out to screw everyone over. I literally have zero friends in this town. SIL is my only friend. And I'd rather it be that way then get screwed over again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by Katie on May. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I have no friends in this area. My only friend I had moved last fall with her husbands job. The only people I know are through my son's therapies and the school. It sucks.

taKENheart
by Flovely on May. 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I'm out in the country now but when I lived in a neighborhood I always had a bestie.  I've got a cm bestie and a few IRL people that don't live here.  I guess I'll be ok.

addicted2metal
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

i have a few but they never come around and im stuck in this apt and only adult time i get is with my hubby and sometimes that itsnt enough

mamabooka78
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

i dont have any real life friends other than my hubs and son, i have a hard time making friends becuz of my mental issues, like severe depression, severe panic and anxiety attacks as well as agorophobia, it sucks not having any friends but i have learned to deal with it

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I'm painfully shy and very socially awkward so it's VERY hard for me to make friends.  I only have a few. Only one that I really talk to about stuff. I'm trying to be more open but it's hard.

addicted2metal
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

im sorry hugs. you dont have any that just come over and chill with u

Quoting mamabooka78:

i dont have any real life friends other than my hubs and son, i have a hard time making friends becuz of my mental issues, like severe depression, severe panic and anxiety attacks as well as agorophobia, it sucks not having any friends but i have learned to deal with it

rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I have my friends back home, personally I am too "busy" for friends right now. I get up, take my girls to school, come home and either nap with my son, play with my son, or do housework, whichever I feel like doing. Then I go pick up my girls from school and I come home and clean and cook dinner, then dh gets home and I would rather be home with him and he wants our kids all here with him since he doesn't get to spend a whole lot of time with us. I have 2 "friends" here, they both live up the street. I won't consider them close friends or anything but I do enjoy talking to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)