Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

are you effing kidding me you tw*twaffle!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
People need to shut their mouths. So my son is three, he said, "thank you, sir" to the female cashier at Kroger. To which she responded, "teach your nasty little kid some manners, shows what kind of parent you are." I was amazed, and being non confrontational I just walked away. But really I am teaching him manners that's why he says please, thank you, your welcome, sir and ma'am. Sometimes he confuses them. Lady made me so upset. I was shaking. He is a kid, and I am trying. She was just nasty. Ok there is my vent.

Edit. I called the store, spoke to the front lines manager. She said she would handle it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Replies (31-38):
MamaCaram
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM
My 3yo always says thank you sir even for women its not a big deal I just try to teach her the difference in men and women
HappyMommy726
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg you didnt say anything!! I had the SAME thing happen to me only I was with my baby cousin and she said "hi sir!" the cashier said " uhh do I look like a fuckin sir" with  the worst attitude. I was heated!!!!!!!!! I told her "If you werent so damn ugly maybe you could pass for a girl, bag my damn groceries before I get your ass fired for talking shit to my 2 year old" She just rolled her eyes and bagged my groceries. As we left my little cousin says "youre not happy hu?" lol! Made the rest of my day. I told her it wasnt her fault, I couldnt tell if she was a guy or not either. 

luvlivelaugh
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it! Lol

Quoting opal10161973:

Just give her a coupon.  What?  Don't they take coupons there?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heyma4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I would have shown her nasty. No, I am not generally confrontational in front of my children, but that would have set me off.

MammaPaparazza
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I hear ya! Today at costco an old lady was looking right at my dd and ran her cart into her while getting a sample, dh told dd,"stay away from that old lady, she must not like kids"
What a bitch! And she didn't say sorry either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mm_mom515
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Thats insane. Going off on a little kid, wow. If a kid called me sir I'd make a joke about it. Like laugh and say "do I look like a boy? Your silly." Not go off on him. My son is so shy he has a hard time saying anything to people.
mommy2annaliese
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM

You should tell the manager, it isn't too late.

stick up for your child, and children of others.

call kroger and ask for a manager.

I would never let anyone get away with someone calling my kid nasty, are you kidding me?

thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I would have said something, it's an innocent mistake a child can make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN