Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I live in Mississippi and Im so tired of it. I love the south, I love my family but jobs are few and far between here my husbands pay is horrible. He's been with the same company for 4 years and is just now making 420 a week!!! 

I want to start over and move to a new state, have a new life, let him get a job with a better company cause he'll go no where in this one although he's just as experienced as his bosses... I'm just tired of the stress and worry and all the people here. 

Where is a good state to live? Safe good jobs and pay available? My husband is a road striper, he paints lines and puts down markers on the roads, paints parking spaces, things like that. It's what he knows and he's good at it. 

Just need a fresh start and a new life. Help? Advice?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
bhmomma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:48 PM
I just posted about relocating a few days ago. Got lots of great info. Here is the link if you want.

http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=416&topic_id=16479714
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Wow, I just looked up houses for rent on craigslist in your area, nice homes,. Very pretty area, my husband blew me off at first but then snuck up behind me to see for himself now he's like hey did you find any jobs? lol 

Quoting onethought:

It's a great place. We live in a suburb of Colorado springs and some houses out here are as low as $400 to rent

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting onethought:

Colorado. I LOVE IT HERE! So many great jobs and great places to live

Ahh, see I actually said that haha cool. I will for sure look into it. We have like 4 months left on our lease here. When income tax season gets here we are so gone!  Im gonna do some looking into it, see if I can find a road striping company up there or something my husband would like to do

stockuponlove
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
New Mexico. We have the oil field and that means rds are always getting redone. Matter of fact they just did a major overhaul on one of our main highway and they still have a lot more left in the couple yrs to come. They ate building bypass highways and such. Also, for him to break into to oilfield would be nothin. It pays real well too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellyhoffland
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Mind makes 250 a week an doesn't try to look for better job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Oh and where we are in new Mexico we are 30 minutes from Durango, Colorado. So beautiful there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Wow, yea we been there, we lived off 250 a week for a while, even went without heat for 2 or 3 months before we gave up and moved in to my moms old house It's tough, he wanted to stick with the job thought he'd get a raise and everything would be ok. We're still struggling with it and now he's fed up. Been there going on 5 years in december and still only makes 420 a week. Shitty. 

Quoting shellyhoffland:

Mind makes 250 a week an doesn't try to look for better job

BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Quoting bhmomma:

I just posted about relocating a few days ago. Got lots of great info. Here is the link if you want.

http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=416&topic_id=16479714

Thanks mama I will check it out

TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Not FL. But idtk where to suggest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethought
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM
My job is great and great benefits. I live in Security where rent is cheaper. But if you go further south, like pueblo, you can find SUPER cheap rent. Plus lots of colleges

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Wow, I just looked up houses for rent on craigslist in your area, nice homes,. Very pretty area, my husband blew me off at first but then snuck up behind me to see for himself now he's like hey did you find any jobs? lol 

Quoting onethought:

It's a great place. We live in a suburb of Colorado springs and some houses out here are as low as $400 to rent

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting onethought:

Colorado. I LOVE IT HERE! So many great jobs and great places to live

Ahh, see I actually said that haha cool. I will for sure look into it. We have like 4 months left on our lease here. When income tax season gets here we are so gone!  Im gonna do some looking into it, see if I can find a road striping company up there or something my husband would like to do

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Please dont come to cali. there are NO jobs period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)