Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

child support going to buy a Bbq grill

so this is bugging me alot, my ex told me in a text yesterday "make sure the money is going to the kids not just you." okay fair enough IT IS GOING TO THE KIDS.. but i have bought a few summer things for me, no i dont go out and getr my nails done and no i dont spend it all on me. but i wanted to buy a grill to BBQ and was wondering that wouldnt be concidered for me only because its feeding the kids too.. im sorry this must sound stupid but hes making me second guess what i buy and maybe its a good thing but its really bugging me... thanks ladies nad please dont bash...

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
sheramom4
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

To me that is something both smart and efficient for feeding the kids....BBQing in the summer is fun, saves energy, keeps heat out of the house (making everyone more comfortable) and if your kids are old enough, they can help and learn some cooking skills...to me its nothing to worry about....And you reminded me, I need a new grill :)

malissaL
by Malissa on May. 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

fuck him. He doesn't get to dictate how you spend that money. buy what you want. 

just make sure your kids don't walk around looking like raggedy ann

Aspiemom0203
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Ummm so he pays all of your bills, expenses, ect and then gives you cs to buy something for the kids? I really doubt it. Since you pay for everything in your home and I guess probably use the money to supplement fir extras I say it's for your family. I bet if you weren't buying clothes, shoes, groceries for the kids ( not that you mind ) you could have bought the grill. Buy it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM
As long as everything is taken care of, no prob. Now if you were buying the grill instea of paying a vital bill, then there might e a problem lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderouslife84
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM

i should say i get $1600 a month $300 for two kids for the actual child support and $1300 for the allamony..

opal10161973
by Sometimes Naughty? on May. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

BBQ's are perfect in case of emergency.  We had power outages after a hurricaine for days and more than two weeks in some areas- how do you think we ate?  LOL  It's emergency gear. 

MammaPaparazza
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM
In one of these posts someone posted a coupon for a free 8# bag of "go fuck yourself" print it out and hand it to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Exactly!!!

Quoting StrongerAlone:

He has NO say in how you spend it. Period. Don't even discuss it with him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2rhylee
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Dh's ex uses hers for cat food and such.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I'm pretty sensitive about how women spend their child support, I think it should ALL go to the kids. I think a grill is no problem, obviously it's feeding your kids.

But to the moms that say it doesn't matter how you spend it, do whatever you want, etc. That's pathetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)