Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

child support going to buy a Bbq grill

so this is bugging me alot, my ex told me in a text yesterday "make sure the money is going to the kids not just you." okay fair enough IT IS GOING TO THE KIDS.. but i have bought a few summer things for me, no i dont go out and getr my nails done and no i dont spend it all on me. but i wanted to buy a grill to BBQ and was wondering that wouldnt be concidered for me only because its feeding the kids too.. im sorry this must sound stupid but hes making me second guess what i buy and maybe its a good thing but its really bugging me... thanks ladies nad please dont bash...

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I don't see a problem with buying a grill with it. The kids will get to eat food that is grilled on it. As long as the kids' other needs are being met, then buy the grill. If the kids are lacking food, shelter, clothing, etc., then of course not, those needs come first...but that goes for everybody, child support or not.

LoriLou75
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I spend my child support on me all the time! I have purchased liquor, clothing, purses and other "luxury" "adult" items with it. So what!

StrongerAlone
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM
How is it pathetic? So if a mom spends every last dime SHE earned paying for daycare, school pics, field trips, school lunch, groceries, rent, bills etc....then gets a measly $50 cs payment....say she's getting gas with that, it's 100+ degrees outside and wants to buy herself a fountain drink too....that makes her pathetic? Please.

Quoting JaimieLynn8:

I'm pretty sensitive about how women spend their child support, I think it should ALL go to the kids. I think a grill is no problem, obviously it's feeding your kids.

But to the moms that say it doesn't matter how you spend it, do whatever you want, etc. That's pathetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Same here

Quoting jrp0606:

I guess we do things differently all the money coming in goes into our bank account and all the money going out goes from that bank account. If we were getting child support it would just go into the pot that is used to pay bills and feed the kids and if I bought a grill it would come out of that same pot of money.

It's not like someone would hand me a check and I would automatically send several hundred to pay the mortgage from it etc etc.

If all your children's needs have been met and they don't need anything else then buy a grill that is going to be used as a family.

As long as you aren't taking the child support money and just blowing it on clothes and ignoring your kids needs I don't see a problem buying a grill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hjanss01
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM

BUMP!

davnrori
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM

He has absolutely no say what-so-ever in what cs is used for. As long as his children are clean, well-fed, sheltered, and cared for, he should keep to himself. What an asshole!

Newmom8912
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Tell him to bite a big one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maisy08
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
He can not tell you how u spend your money, it's yours. End of story!!
jrp0606
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM
I don't get how you could divide it up to make sure it all goes to the kids unless you put it in a seperate account. Since cs or at least my understanding of cs is that it is supposed to help cover the expenses of maintaining a stable home environment. Mortgage gas electric etc all have to be paid. Is mom supposed to pay that herself and then use cs to buy only the kids food? And how do you divide the electric bill so that you can allocate the amount of money the kids uses to that bill but you don't pay for any electric anyone else used. It makes no sense to me to say spend it only on the kids.

I would have an issue if mom took the cs money and blew it on clothing and nails and drink while the kids Slept in the car. But if mom is maintaining a stable home environment and all the child's needs are met then how the money is spent is up to mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I think a bbq is a good investment. Now if you used if for new boobs, then there would be a problem. Dont let him make you feel guilty about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN