Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

child support going to buy a Bbq grill

so this is bugging me alot, my ex told me in a text yesterday "make sure the money is going to the kids not just you." okay fair enough IT IS GOING TO THE KIDS.. but i have bought a few summer things for me, no i dont go out and getr my nails done and no i dont spend it all on me. but i wanted to buy a grill to BBQ and was wondering that wouldnt be concidered for me only because its feeding the kids too.. im sorry this must sound stupid but hes making me second guess what i buy and maybe its a good thing but its really bugging me... thanks ladies nad please dont bash...

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
hottmomma264
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:34 AM
I agree that the money should be spent on the kids. And that is exactly what your spending it on :) don't feel guilty mamma. Go buy that grill!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmomma264
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Using your child support money to buy drugs isn't something to brag about. I mean, as long as your kids are taken care of then you can do whatever floats your boat. It just sounds very trashy.

Quoting LoriLou75:

I spend my child support on me all the time! I have purchased liquor, clothing, purses and other "luxury" "adult" items with it. So what!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

It isn't a brag, it is the custodial parents money. It isn't anyones business what a parent spends on. Are you serious with the drug comment? Do you mean the liquor? 

Not that I should have to explain myself to you (or anyone), but...FYI- my ex oxes over $30,000 in arrears (yes, FIVE zeros!) I have supported my child 100% on my own for many years, and they NEVER went without. Many, many moms are in the very same position as me. You sound like a judgemental asshat!

Quoting hottmomma264:

Using your child support money to buy drugs isn't something to brag about. I mean, as long as your kids are taken care of then you can do whatever floats your boat. It just sounds very trashy.

Quoting LoriLou75:

I spend my child support on me all the time! I have purchased liquor, clothing, purses and other "luxury" "adult" items with it. So what!

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

ILive4This
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:12 AM

My CS is direct deposited with all our other money.   I support my son all month.  When I get that check, I look at it as a reimbursement.   If your kid/s aren't in need of anything immediately from the check (food, clothes), you should be able to by a grill.

ILive4This
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM

drugs?   Where do you see that?

Quoting hottmomma264:

Quoting LoriLou75:

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:14 AM
This.

Quoting colken02:

As long as your kids are taken care of, then who cares what you spend $$ on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM
This is how we do child support. It all gets blended in into one account.

Quoting jrp0606:

I guess we do things differently all the money coming in goes into our bank account and all the money going out goes from that bank account. If we were getting child support it would just go into the pot that is used to pay bills and feed the kids and if I bought a grill it would come out of that same pot of money.

It's not like someone would hand me a check and I would automatically send several hundred to pay the mortgage from it etc etc.

If all your children's needs have been met and they don't need anything else then buy a grill that is going to be used as a family.

As long as you aren't taking the child support money and just blowing it on clothes and ignoring your kids needs I don't see a problem buying a grill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM
He has no right to say or ask what you spend it on. It's up to you how to spend it. I would tell him to kiss my ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILive4This
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM

You were better off not itemizing for us.

Quoting wonderouslife84:

i should say i get $1600 a month $300 for two kids for the actual child support and $1300 for the allamony..

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I'm trying to figure out where drugs are coming in here.

Quoting LoriLou75:

It isn't a brag, it is the custodial parents money. It isn't anyones business what a parent spends on. Are you serious with the drug comment? Do you mean the liquor? 

Not that I should have to explain myself to you (or anyone), but...FYI- my ex oxes over $30,000 in arrears (yes, FIVE zeros!) I have supported my child 100% on my own for many years, and they NEVER went without. Many, many moms are in the very same position as me. You sound like a judgemental asshat!

Quoting hottmomma264:

Quoting LoriLou75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)