Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Incurable STDs? A dealbreaker?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
  • 68 Replies

Well, I know there is a bit of a stigma that goes with having STDs and still being able to go out there and date, but is it really dealbreaker? Shouldn't that person be able to love someone and the receive love for who they are and not what they have? I have genital herpes and I didn't find out til after I was married. Guess you can say by then (since I found out during pregnancy) that it was "too late", but I really honestly never knew that I  had it till then. Hubby loves me still and we deal with it the best way we can. But had I known previous to marriage, I wonder what would've come of it had I told him then....truth is, a high precentage of Americans here have some sort of std, and many of them have herpes, hpv, and even HIV.

Is it a dealbreaker for you? What if you are with the guy and you already love him, he was honest about it...would you still love him and be there?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OutlawMUA
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Absolute deal breaker. Even a curable one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeremy1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I don't know I guess I'd have to be in that situation.
momswag
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this

There is good reason for the stigma. If I was not married, I wouldn't sleep with a man without knowing for a fact he didn't have anything. That would mean him being tested. If he's not willing to get tested for me BEFORE we have sex, he isn't worth having sex with. 

If he had an STD... deal breaker. 

mamabirch88
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Idk. I think it would depend on what it was and the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I think it would be a deal-breaker for me. And honestly, if I didn't find out until after I had time to love him, I'd be pissed. Obviously he would have hidden it from me the entire time. That's not being honest.

louzannalady
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Honestly, more than likely, herpes would be a dealbreaker and HIV would most definately be a deal breaker, without a doubt. HPV... Meh... Depends on the strain. A majority of people already have HPV in various forms and it was not sexually transmitted. It is incredibly common. DH and I got tested before we married (we did not have sex with each other until after marriage), so we would be fully aware and make choices. 

prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM

What if it wasn't his fault and you loved each other already. what if the girl he got it from was someone who cheated on him?

Quoting momswag:

There is good reason for the stigma. If I was not married, I wouldn't sleep with a man without knowing for a fact he didn't have anything. That would mean him being tested. If he's not willing to get tested for me BEFORE we have sex, he isn't worth having sex with. 

If he had an STD... deal breaker. 

Justine1123
by Justine on May. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Unless it was aids or HIV I think if I loved someone I wouldnt leave them because of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zugichbaby6
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
It wasn't for my Dh.... I have herpes ... I got it from my grandfather when I was 5 years old... Honestly you never know a persons situation.. It's not a deal breaker for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetykitty
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM
No way before you have sex get tested.Do you know if you got it from your husband? Both of you should've gotten tested before. Then he would've had the choice to chance your lovely gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)