Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Well, I know there is a bit of a stigma that goes with having STDs and still being able to go out there and date, but is it really dealbreaker? Shouldn't that person be able to love someone and the receive love for who they are and not what they have? I have genital herpes and I didn't find out til after I was married. Guess you can say by then (since I found out during pregnancy) that it was "too late", but I really honestly never knew that I  had it till then. Hubby loves me still and we deal with it the best way we can. But had I known previous to marriage, I wonder what would've come of it had I told him then....truth is, a high precentage of Americans here have some sort of std, and many of them have herpes, hpv, and even HIV.

Is it a dealbreaker for you? What if you are with the guy and you already love him, he was honest about it...would you still love him and be there?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Replies (61-68):
stephwordelman1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I have HPV too, found out through an abnormal papsmear. 

Quoting adrianasmommy07:

The STD I have (HPV cancer causing) is incurable. Men cannot be tested for it and as far as is known are not harmed by it either. 

HIV would be a deal breaker for me, as would genital warts/herpes, but curable diseases, well tbh it would depend on how they got it.

incogneat-o
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM
It would have been a deal breaker for me. It may not be right or fair, but that's how I feel about it. If I could have enough respect for my future spouse to protect myself I'd expect him to do the same out of respect for his, if that makes sense.

For special cases, like the woman that got it from her grandfather at five years old, I'm very sorry for that, but it'd still be a deal reamer for me. Just because for me, personally, I have enough reproductive and health issues I came by beyond my control, I couldn't knowingly invite more. Like I said, not right nor fair, just how I feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjfamily
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Does your husband have it now? Did you tell everyone you have been with that you had it? That must have been hard as a teenager to disclose that.

Quoting zugichbaby6:

It wasn't for my Dh.... I have herpes ... I got it from my grandfather when I was 5 years old... Honestly you never know a persons situation.. It's not a deal breaker for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Deal breaker
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holls2188
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I'm not exactly sure how I would feel. If it was my df I don't know how I would react because of how much I really love him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TummyTurner
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Oh good :)
I thought you actually didn't know and was calling me dumb or something lol.

Quoting prettygirl326:

oh yeah you are right...i explained it but i wasn't looking at the difference she was asking about...sorry...i am not crazy i do know the difference between the two. somehow i thought she meant cold sores or hsv

Quoting TummyTurner:

Oh jeez. HPV and HSV are two totally different things. My goodness.

Quoting prettygirl326:

um both are the same..actually i am not sure if she meant HPV or HSV lol but HSV, herpes simplex virus...there are a few forms. HSV-1 and HSV-2 are both the more known forms. you can have both. hsv-1 causes cold sores and the latter, genital blisters, sores, or tears.  

Quoting TummyTurner:

HPV or cold sores? Like the herpes virus?

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

I have HPV due to a sexual assault. The SOB kissed me, that's all it took. I'm still very bitter about it. I get sores inside my mouth frequently because of it. I told my SO before we even officially got together and he said he didn't care. Now he's turned it against me and is taunting me for it. That SOB's ass is on the curb the moment I find a job.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Yeah it's a deal breaker for me. I've never had this issue though. I used condoms with my boyfriends unless they were serious and tested
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zugichbaby6
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Yes I told him first ...it didn't bother him.. No he dosnt have it.. I've only had 2 outbreaks..
I never slepted with a man till I was married... I was married at 17 to my ex and he new too.. I still considered myself a virgin.
Quoting kjfamily:

Does your husband have it now? Did you tell everyone you have been with that you had it? That must have been hard as a teenager to disclose that.

Quoting zugichbaby6:

It wasn't for my Dh.... I have herpes ... I got it from my grandfather when I was 5 years old... Honestly you never know a persons situation.. It's not a deal breaker for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN