Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Well, I know there is a bit of a stigma that goes with having STDs and still being able to go out there and date, but is it really dealbreaker? Shouldn't that person be able to love someone and the receive love for who they are and not what they have? I have genital herpes and I didn't find out til after I was married. Guess you can say by then (since I found out during pregnancy) that it was "too late", but I really honestly never knew that I  had it till then. Hubby loves me still and we deal with it the best way we can. But had I known previous to marriage, I wonder what would've come of it had I told him then....truth is, a high precentage of Americans here have some sort of std, and many of them have herpes, hpv, and even HIV.

Is it a dealbreaker for you? What if you are with the guy and you already love him, he was honest about it...would you still love him and be there?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Replies (31-40):
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM

If I knew before sex with the person (hopefully I would) I would not continue a sexual relationship. 

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

According to the last test, I don't have it at all anymore. SO got tested and he's negative, so either I can't transmit it, or he's very lucky. I'm so hopeful that I'm finally rid of this horrid thing. It's made it impossible to let go of my anger and move on with my life.

Quoting prettygirl326:

wtf i have never heard of that...so you are just a carrier? i might be too...my hubby has never had an outbreak in the three years we have been together and i am so jealous. i get them, but they are more like little splits and tears, not blisters.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Just a note: My strain is treatable and sometimes curable. So I can't transmit it as long as I don't get all lovey dovey while I'm having an outbreak. I haven't had an outbreak in 10 months and my last test came back negative. My doc is going to test me again and if that comes back negative, then I'm finally cured! :D

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

I have HPV due to a sexual assault. The SOB kissed me, that's all it took. I'm still very bitter about it. I get sores inside my mouth frequently because of it. I told my SO before we even officially got together and he said he didn't care. Now he's turned it against me and is taunting me for it. That SOB's ass is on the curb the moment I find a job.

Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I honestly don't think I could be with someone who had one.

TummyTurner
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM

HPV or cold sores? Like the herpes virus?

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

I have HPV due to a sexual assault. The SOB kissed me, that's all it took. I'm still very bitter about it. I get sores inside my mouth frequently because of it. I told my SO before we even officially got together and he said he didn't care. Now he's turned it against me and is taunting me for it. That SOB's ass is on the curb the moment I find a job.

prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM

omg how did you do it? i want to know! i don't want this either..was it the meds?

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

According to the last test, I don't have it at all anymore. SO got tested and he's negative, so either I can't transmit it, or he's very lucky. I'm so hopeful that I'm finally rid of this horrid thing. It's made it impossible to let go of my anger and move on with my life.

Quoting prettygirl326:

wtf i have never heard of that...so you are just a carrier? i might be too...my hubby has never had an outbreak in the three years we have been together and i am so jealous. i get them, but they are more like little splits and tears, not blisters.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Just a note: My strain is treatable and sometimes curable. So I can't transmit it as long as I don't get all lovey dovey while I'm having an outbreak. I haven't had an outbreak in 10 months and my last test came back negative. My doc is going to test me again and if that comes back negative, then I'm finally cured! :D

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

My doc actually took me off the meds two years ago because the side effects were HORRIBLE and I truly don't remember what they were called. I will never forget the look on his face my last test was negative. It really is a miracle. Sorry I can't be of more help. I hope and pray you find your cure.

Quoting prettygirl326:

omg how did you do it? i want to know! i don't want this either..was it the meds?

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting prettygirl326:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

um both are the same..actually i am not sure if she meant HPV or HSV lol but HSV, herpes simplex virus...there are a few forms. HSV-1 and HSV-2 are both the more known forms. you can have both. hsv-1 causes cold sores and the latter, genital blisters, sores, or tears.  

Quoting TummyTurner:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I was diagnosed right after the assault before the first sores appeared. My doc told me the sores were caused by the HPV.

Quoting TummyTurner:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

soon2bemomof307
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Yes. Sorry it would be for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
molly_ann
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM
No. I would live a man for WHO he is. Not what he has. I would make sure protection was used always or when there is no outbreak. Now HIV...I have a hard time with that one. I can't sit and watch someone slowly die :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)