Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

online schooling

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I am just curious, do you get grants and things like that for online schools just like if you went to a college campus? Sorry to sound dumb about it but I have been thinking about going back to school again.  I went to college for a couple years after high school, but didn't finish. I was a couple classes away and then things came up.  Can I still get financial help, or did I use it all up? Not sure how it works.  Also, can anyone recommend some online schools to look into? Also, I wouldn't have the same major. When I went to college before it was for criminal justice.  Now I'm thinking about business or something similar, not sure yet need to look some more things up.  Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
august_baby_09
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

BUMP!

august_baby_09
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy03021207
by Alicia on May. 5, 2012 at 8:30 AM
I know a few of my friends go through University Of Phoenix. They got financial aid but also student loans
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2MikeynLando
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Your local community college may offer online courses.  I'd be cautious of University of Phoenix though, as most of there credits won't transfer, and the cost is also more.

In regards to financial aid, I know you can get some, but certain grants are only eligible for people who actually go sit in a class room. 

Good luck!

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Yeah you can but the cost is four times as much as a reg college. I would look around and find a local college that does online degrees. U of Phoenix and Kaplan college want over 30k just for an associates degree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
august_baby_09
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

wow that's crazy for an online school. i paid around $23,000 a year at a private school and I lived on campus!! thanks I think I'll just look into possibly going back to where I did before, and just do their online classes.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Yeah you can but the cost is four times as much as a reg college. I would look around and find a local college that does online degrees. U of Phoenix and Kaplan college want over 30k just for an associates degree.

cmeeso
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Yes, you can still recieve financial aid with online schooling.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Yeah it's insane.

Quoting august_baby_09:

wow that's crazy for an online school. i paid around $23,000 a year at a private school and I lived on campus!! thanks I think I'll just look into possibly going back to where I did before, and just do their online classes.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)