Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is a 'wishing well gift' for a bridal shower!?!?!?!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM
  • 13 Replies

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Maybe a cute quote in a frame? Like if you know what I mean.
Hobby lobby has them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..guesswho..
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM
What is a Bridal Shower Wishing Well?

A wishing well has become a veritable tradition of gift-giving for bridal showers.
The bridal shower wishing well is one of those traditions that have been used for so long; no one remembers its original purpose. It is a pretty receptacle for gifts or wishes for the bride and groom and if you attend five different bridal showers, you are likely to find five different ways the wishing well can be used.

To make a wishing well for your bridal shower, use cardboard and decorates it with silk, lace, and flowers. The well portion, a box or cylinder, becomes the receptacle for gifts or wishes. Small wishing wells can also be purchased or rented. If you need a larger well for gifts, you may have to construct it.

One of the oldest traditions is to use the well for small household items brought in addition to the main gift. Items such as stamps, batteries, or measuring spoons are ideal. The gifts are generally unwrapped, unlabeled, and opened after the shower, as they are meant to stock the newlywed's home. Other wishing well gift suggestions include cookbooks, a fancy corkscrew, or perhaps an accessory to each guest's main gift.

If the shower has a theme, the wishing well can be incorporated into it. For example, a kitchen themed shower might yield cooking items for the main gifts and spices or recipes for the wishing well. If the shower is a traditional bachelorette party, the well could be used for anything from racy honeymoon favors to personal spa items.

Another way that a wishing well is used is for monetary gifts. Sometimes the guests and hostess may pool funds for a specific item or project, such as the couple's honeymoon or accessories for their wedding. A collection is made at the shower by using the wishing well. If the bride wants to receive monetary gifts, explain this in the invitations and have the gifts dropped anonymously into the well as the guests walk into the bridal shower.

The bridal shower wishing well can also simply be used for wishes, greeting, poems, and to share memories with the bride. Make sure to mention your wishing well requests either in the invitation or at the door as the guests arrive. If you are asking for wishes at the door, provide index cards and pens for your guests. Later, pull the cards out of the well and read them aloud for a memorable shower event.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Cute photo album.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Gift card

gemikris82
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this

anything can be a wishing well gift.  i went to tj max and bought a shitload of kitchin utensils, mcdonalds gift cards, tanning gift cards for my sils wishing well.  normally the gifts remain nameless.  if you want to be cute stick a dildo on there lol.

BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM
3 moms liked this
A good divorce attorney's card with a visa gift card attached to help pay the filing fee??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

ohh and her best gift in the wishing well she told me, one of the guests bought thank you cards for her, so she didnt have to buy them

Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I have seen canned foods , spatula's and other cooking utensils , paper towels , dish cloths , almost everything goes ,... Something on the small side and usually not very expensive , things for the home. 

AdellesMom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Some hot lingerie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

it sounds cheesy and just another way for people to get free shit and apparently, yet another way to ask for cash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)