Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When Do You Think You've Officially Become a Mother?

Posted by   + Show Post

In honor of Mother's Day, when do you ladies think you first become a mom?Are you officially considered a mom when you become pregnant or are you just a mother to be?, Or do you believe once you've given birth and actually taken on parental responsibilites makes you officially a mother? What are your thoughts?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Replies (51-55):
taina361
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

when your first priority is your child before your own!For me was knowing that I might need a csection to not risked my dd life. While  being cut all i can think of was the pain was worth my dd being safe and healthy.I was laying there shaking, hurting, waiting to be put together, but everything went dumb when I had my first glance at my dd :)

sam12796
by Sandy on May. 5, 2012 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

That is a tough call. I have had a few miscarriages in the early weeks all before 9. I did not consider myself a mom yet I would consider someone a mom who wanted the pregnancy and carried that baby and the baby did not make it  a mom. Weird I know. Although I would never argue with someone who thought differently than me either.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
When you say things your mom said that you swore you'd NEVER say!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
partyof54me
by ♥The Show Off♥ on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

So very sorry for your losses mama. HUGS

Quoting sam12796:

That is a tough call. I have had a few miscarriages in the early weeks all before 9. I did not consider myself a mom yet I would consider someone a mom who wanted the pregnancy and carried that baby and the baby did not make it  a mom. Weird I know. Although I would never argue with someone who thought differently than me either.

PEEK05
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I don't consider people moms until after they have had their baby. I did not consider myself a mom when I was pregnant with my first. I considered myself a mom-to-be, an expectant mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN