Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Single Mom with 8 Kids? How does she do it?! -- The Real Moms of CafeMom

Posted by   + Show Post

If you haven't already "met" housefullofkidz, now's your chance to see why she chose her CafeMom screenname. It really is the perfect fit!  Get to know  Andee in the latest episode of The Real Moms of CafeMom.

Can you imagine your house full of kids? 

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Replies (151-160):
TwistedPclips
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Very umm....unique names.

I have no idea who she is and this video didn't really say anything about her or her life.  I'm a single mom of two and am exhausted and overwhelmed a lot of the time with working and going to school FT and trying to keep up with the kids' activities, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.  I'm not asking for detailed bank information or anything like that, but I AM curious how she does everything.  If she works, and if so how.  And if the X ever takes the kids for days/weeks to give her a break.  And how she even has a car big enough to fit 9 people!!  I'm sure they probably took at least a full day, or several hours, to film her so it would have been nice if like PPs have said we could have gotten more of "a day in the life of" type of video.  I don't think she owes anyone anything, but this isn't much of a glimpse into her life, and I thought that was the whole point.

christib199
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 08JLS11:

All 8 of her children have the same father - his name is Jason. Around the same time she found out she was pregnant with Kenzi they split up because he was messing around. Jason was even there when Kenzi was born (if you go back in the babies or pregnancy groups - she posted pictures of the delivery of Kenzi and you can see Jason in most of the pictures) despite them being seperated as well -- all 8 of her children are HIS children. ++ Her financial business is her fianancial business.

I really like Andee a lot but why elaborate on all the following questions or concerns but leave out the finicial information? Anyone would have to expect that being put in the spotlight that others are going to wonder how you get by....

If her mother is really living with her, then she is probably helping her. Yes, she is indeed single, so she does not have a significant other, but she has help. If her mother is not helping her, how does she do it without working and just receiving childsupport from a mailman?

Being in the limelight isnt all glitz and glam and she had to expect that other people would wonder how she does it. 

CafeMom Tickers

chancock
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Wow Andee you look great!  I haven't caught up with you since I had Emm about a year ago and stopped hanging out in the Pregnancy group! Good to see you're doing well, your little ones are gorgeous.

randomosityblog
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:02 AM

With how little this one covered, I'm skeptical.. but I'll believe it when I see it. :)

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

I think there's a second video where they'll cover that stuff :)

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting Tatum2U:

I wish the video covered more about her and her life as a single mom of such a large family.

Anything about her life as a single mom would have been great! All they did was have her give their names. :(

mamaistheword87
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:32 AM

To all the fools out there, her house is in the middle of nowhere, something like 40 minutes to a town or so.  She and her exhubby built it when they were together.  He cheated on her.  He's a mailman (oh irony).  She runs a tight ship, and spends her money wisely.

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM
That is awesome WTG
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Quoting mamaistheword87:

To all the fools out there, her house is in the middle of nowhere, something like 40 minutes to a town or so.  She and her exhubby built it when they were together.  He cheated on her.  He's a mailman (oh irony).  She runs a tight ship, and spends her money wisely.

Oh, I remember now that they built her house. It's a beautiful house. I really hope Andee is doing well, she looks like it.

GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Beautiful kids :)

kara_g.
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM
3 moms liked this

People throw rocks at things that shine.

08JLS11
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting christib199:

Quoting 08JLS11:

All 8 of her children have the same father - his name is Jason. Around the same time she found out she was pregnant with Kenzi they split up because he was messing around. Jason was even there when Kenzi was born (if you go back in the babies or pregnancy groups - she posted pictures of the delivery of Kenzi and you can see Jason in most of the pictures) despite them being seperated as well -- all 8 of her children are HIS children. ++ Her financial business is her fianancial business.

I really like Andee a lot but why elaborate on all the following questions or concerns but leave out the finicial information? Anyone would have to expect that being put in the spotlight that others are going to wonder how you get by....

If her mother is really living with her, then she is probably helping her. Yes, she is indeed single, so she does not have a significant other, but she has help. If her mother is not helping her, how does she do it without working and just receiving childsupport from a mailman?

Being in the limelight isnt all glitz and glam and she had to expect that other people would wonder how she does it. 

It's pretty simple when you really think about it -- why leave out financial information? It's no body's business. That's why. Whether Jason pays for the whole shabang or whether her mother helps her pay the mortgage really has no bearing on ANYTHING. If she gets food stamps, it's no body's business.

If she doesn't want to divulge that information that's her perogative. For random members to demand that she explain - that isn't within anyone's right.

She isn't on Access Hollywood. She was nominated for a spotlight on CafeMom where people want to see her amazing house -- that she's decorated from the bottom up by repurposing and thrift shopping -- and to see her beautiful children -- that she's a single mother too. Decorating, children and her happy beautiful face is what the people who nominated her wanted to see, and that is what they showed us.

Her decorating, her children and herself is what we asked for and they delivered-- the rest of her life is up to HER whether she wants to discuss or not.

With the butthole attitudes of some people on here, I don't blame her for not wanting to elaborate. I sure wouldn't!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)